Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Squirmos87's R32 GTR

Cars
    E350, TC, and BNR32
    Quote Originally Posted by evil ix View Post
    Awesome car you got there but the question that i have for you.........how much for the AE86? Looks nice as well.
    I could only wish that was my car. An AE86 with a Lexus V8 as balanced and immaculate as that one...yeah, if only! It belongs to my buddy/mechanic and i doubt he would part with it.

Show me a man with a tattoo and I'll show you a man with an interesting past. - Jack London

Cars
    E350, TC, and BNR32
    So I've pretty much decided to go against the Tomei taillights covers because quite frankly although rare, they're kind of unsightly. Anyhow, as mentioned in previous posts I was tossing around the idea of getting a different set of rims. The ones i listed were pretty popular. (CE28, Work Meisters S1s, and XD9s) I love my BBS LMs, especially since they are "GTR" offset but i still wanted to be able to change up the look when I wanted but under the condition they were another set specifically for a GTR and a set I wouldn't see on any other car on the road. (hence why I decided against the listed "popular" rims) I ran across the perfect set! They are Altia 18X9.5 +0 offset rims. They are the same kind that were used in the Super Taikyu (Super Endurance) racing catergory on the Altia R34 GTR. I've never seen a set like them for sale and the guy was selling 5 rims for a super good price. Hell, after speaking with him and informing him I wouldn't be back in So Cal for a few more months, (he is located in the OC) he agreed to just take a deposit and hold them for me until then unless I can get someone to pick them up for me earlier and obviously they will just give him the remainder of the money on my behalf. . To me they look like a mix between Enkei RPF1s (minus some spokes) and the OEM rims originally on the R33 GTR. Anyhow, I'd like to hear what you guys think about them...

Pics of the actual Altia Super Taikyu 18X9.5 +0 rims being sold

Enkei RPF1 18X9.5 +15 (not positive on the offset) on a TH1/Dark Blue Pearl R32 GTR like mine

R33 GTR with OEM rims
    Last edited by squirmos87; 04-18-2014 at 01:14 AM.
    Show me a man with a tattoo and I'll show you a man with an interesting past. - Jack London

Cars
    NOW: WW EVO X GSR OLD: WW Evolution X MR / Bug Eye WRX *RIP :(*
    those wheels look sick, especially since you don't see them on the streets...

im drooling just reading this thread
    UC Riverside
    Instagram: @parkersin
    All Aspects Apparel |BC Racing NA

Cars
    E350, TC, and BNR32
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoXSwimmer View Post
    those wheels look sick, especially since you don't see them on the streets...

im drooling just reading this thread
    agreed. I think the color and style will really make the car stand out even more. I like rims that expose caliper and rotors. Since my GTR has R33 gr VSPEC Brembos, well I want them to be visible obviously.

my orange work xd9s woudlve made ur car even more of a badd asss!! lol

Cars
    E350, TC, and BNR32
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoAku View Post
    my orange work xd9s woudlve made ur car even more of a badd asss!! lol
    Lol! if I had gotten them I would've wanted them white or black + from reading your for sale thread, it seemed like you were keeping them.

Quote Originally Posted by squirmos87 View Post
    Lol! if I had gotten them I would've wanted them white or black + from reading your for sale thread, it seemed like you were keeping them.
    yea haha! i love em! some minor rubbing of the fender liners but i think its worth.. people who see em really think it makes the car stand out and more aggressive... breaking necks is what i was told haha

Cars
    E350, TC, and BNR32
    Post pics man! I'd love to see those things.
    Last edited by squirmos87; 04-19-2014 at 07:27 AM.

photo 4.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 2.jpg

im not that good at uploading pics lol

Cars
    E350, TC, and BNR32
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoAku View Post
    photo 4.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 2.jpg

im not that good at uploading pics lol
    yeah bro, neck breaker! That car is sexy.

Cars
    E350, TC, and BNR32
    Nothing too crazy but I found a great deal on a second hand carbon fiber radiator cooling plate. I've heard skeptics say these are more eye candy than functional items so whether it works or not, it'll clean up the engine bay a little

Evolved
    Cars
    2006 MR, 2000 Civic VP
    theoretically, it would keep air directed towards the radiator and not allow it to flow out the top. couldn't hurt.
    390/357
    Tuned By Boosted Tuning

Cars
    E350, TC, and BNR32
    Quote Originally Posted by kaj View Post
    theoretically, it would keep air directed towards the radiator and not allow it to flow out the top. couldn't hurt.

my thoughts exactly. I got it for cheap so no complaints here!

Cars
    E350, TC, and BNR32
    My buddy finally had time between his AE86 project and his old school Datsun 626 (if im correct) to send some photos of my GTR being stripped down for prep and paint. On the outside, it didnt look terrible for 25 year old paint but I still wanted to have it looking much more updated since it will have new badges, carbon diffusers, refurbished LMs, etc. Well, I was kind of surprised how it looked stripped down. Its not rusted through like a lot of cars its age but then again its no brand new car. All in all, I'm very pleased that I will be taking the time and money NOW to beautify her some. I cant wait to see the end state finished painted + all the new and extra parts being fitted. I still have a few months to go before i get to come back to her but I feel like I will be returning too a brand new car! Below are some photos of her stripped down some.

Note: The background looks sketchy, I know, but I was reassured this guy is one of the best in the area so I'm looking past the old, beaten down cars in the back and thinking about how detailed and how big of a perfectionist my buddy tells me the painter is.

Ill post more as I receive more. Thanks for reading.

Evolved
    Cars
    2006 MR, 2000 Civic VP
    send me that rear GT-R badge once it's replaced, will ya'?
    390/357
    Tuned By Boosted Tuning

Cars
    E350, TC, and BNR32
    send me that rear GT-R badge once it's replaced, will ya'?
    If its still available after paint, I'll keep it and you can have it. It wont really serve me a purpose. That's one thing I thought about recently. As of now I will have a damaged but repairable RB26DETT, slightly damaged front bumper+lip+N1 ducts, OEM mirrors and side skirts, OEM seats, OEM floor mats etc. I need to even figure out how I am getting the car to So Cal. I was thinking of looking into shipping it since I will have to get my Mercedes back too.

Evolved
    Cars
    2006 MR, 2000 Civic VP
    if you can be patient and wait for someone coming this way and has an opening, it's not too bad to ship a car. two would help them get here even faster. i THINK i paid about $400 to get a car from Michigan to CA.
    which part of CA? i think you posted already and i'd go back and look.. but.. seven pages LOL.
    390/357
    Tuned By Boosted Tuning

Cars
    E350, TC, and BNR32
    if you can be patient and wait for someone coming this way and has an opening, it's not too bad to ship a car. two would help them get here even faster. i THINK i paid about $400 to get a car from Michigan to CA.
    which part of CA? i think you posted already and i'd go back and look.. but.. seven pages LOL.
    Id be needing it to get to Oceanside, CA

Evolved
    Cars
    2006 MR, 2000 Civic VP
    Quote Originally Posted by squirmos87 View Post
    Id be needing it to get to Oceanside, CA
    Oceanside? oh, well then save that badge for me.. my girl and i will come pick it up in person LOL. we plan to buy one when i'm done with school. it's 50% of my motivation LOL
    390/357
    Tuned By Boosted Tuning

This thread is epic

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast