Thread: Evo 9 with GT30R, but looking to change turbo. Any ideas???

Unhappy Evo 9 with GT30R, but looking to change turbo. Any ideas???

I have a evo 9 GT30R turbo, just recently got it tuned. about 460 awhp. Would it be better if i get rid of the GT30 and get a fp black or red? Any ideas?

What kit? 3071? 3076?

Junior Moderator

Cars
    Evo 8/9
    E85 or 91 tune??
    Pictures on all for sale/for trade threads is being enforced!

here are my mods.

kelford 272 cams, FIC 1650cc injectors, 3-port silenoid, megan exhuast manifold, greddy exhaust, 416 walbor fuel pump, Injen intercooler piping, tuned on e-85 speed density

Junior Moderator

Cars
    Evo 8/9
    Fp black will get u to the 500 but damn 2000$ for 40hp plus retune $$$

thats what alot of people tell me. go with fp black. i would have to try to sell my gt30 first. lol

Junior Moderator

Cars
    Evo 8/9
    Or a 50shot will get u to 500 lol

Cars
    8 MR, 10 GSR, EG6, CRV
    Are you on a factory block?

If you are, and you want more power, be prepared to start building a built short block soon. Your factory block wont handle that power for too long. Only time will tell when it blows.
    *KTMotoring Tuned*

Cars
    05 TB VIII
    Is your 30R a whole kit or just the turbo on the stock manifold?

Team Knee Pads Baller Member evoempire's Avatar
    If you go fp black(assuming they still only come in stock frame) then be ready to change out pretty much most of the kit to go back to stock frame status. That will cost more than 2k unless you kept most of your stock stuff. I would say just enjoy where you are at unless you need to fix something.

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    95 supra,97 impreza,02 wrx,04 evo, 06 sti
    i have a fp black and manifold that i may be selling to upgrade to a 6466 or a 6766 here shortly. Only has roughly 2-4k miles on it ( car is getting a rebuild atm) im currently waiting to see if i get any money from a recent accident and if i do i plan on pulling the trigger on a ETS 6466 kit most likely.

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    Why no Upgrade the ICP, small baterry, IC, no-CDI ignition system, port throttle and intake manifold. Max your current turbo and prepare your car for the next step

I'd invest the money in building the bottom end, you can probably squeeze more out of the 30R but the only thing restricting you is the block.

BTW, you're on a stock framed gt30?? Or what Exhaust manifold are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by peeeechfuzz View Post
    I have a evo 9 GT30R turbo, just recently got it tuned. about 460 awhp. Would it be better if i get rid of the GT30 and get a fp black or red? Any ideas?
    If you have a GT3076R with a decent kit and all the boltons and a double fuel pump system you should be able to make 500whp on your current setup. The Green, Red and Black will also all make 500whp but the green and red will spool up slightly better depending on cams and wastegate and model year Evo (MIVEC or non MIVEC).

Alfred