Thread: Will a K&N Typhoon intake fit a 2014 EVO MR?

Will a K&N Typhoon intake fit a 2014 EVO MR?

I know what your thinking... Why wouldn't it ya dorkis? But I have read comments stating that it will not fit due to the transmission obstructing a mount. True or not true? If this is a repeat thread I am sorry, I'm a total noob. If you wouldn't mind cutting and pasting it in a reply I'd be much obliged (Not a lazy ass, I searched before I posted this with no luck, just FYI). But none the less thanks for helping a fellow EVO. Amazon quote below:

8 of 9 people found the following review helpful

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not bolt on the EVO MR!
    This kit is for models with the manual gear box. None of the paperwork or online info states this fact. About half way through the install, after you have removed your factory air-box and disconnected several hoses, the mounting bracket will not work because the SST uses the space. I have used several K&N drop-in air filters in the past with great results.

Published on March 31, 2011 by 2010EVOMR

Are u referring to the intake that goes with the uicp when u buy it..?
    Installed: eibach pro-kit : HID kit

Yes, the short ram kit. I hear one mount cannot be fastened.

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    2013 WW Evo X
    if it's a full cold air intake it wont fit because of the sst trans cooler, if you get a short ram you should be fine :)

Experienced
    Cars
    2014 Evo X GSR, 2012 Nissan Armada, 2001 VW Jetta TDI (DD)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristhian Baluarte View Post
    if it's a full cold air intake it wont fit because of the sst trans cooler, if you get a short ram you should be fine :)
    what he said.

SoCalEvo.net Shop

In other news... people buy performance parts from Amazon. E-Bay was down or something?

Mike W

Cars
    2008 Evo X MR
    I have the k&n on my MR and that is correct, the mounting bracket that attaches to the turbo inlet pipe won't fit. between the coupling to the turbo and the one to the dv, i haven't really had much issue with it moving around... those two hold it pretty well in place.
    AMS TMP Cams, GSC Beehive springs, Depo Racing 3.5" Intercooler, GrimmSpeed 3-port BCS, Turboxs CBE & HFC, K&N Typhoon Intake, Jack's Built Transmission, SSP 500hp Clutchpack, Swift Spec-R Springs,Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars and End Links, Brembo Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff Pads, OEM Fog Light Delete, RA Mudflaps, 20% tint, VBG1
    Moore Automotive tuned 350/350