Thread: AEM CARB Sticker help

AEM CARB Sticker help

Hi guys, I bought an AEM intake with the CARB sticker missing, and when I tried to get a replacement directly from AEM, I was told that model year 2011 and up is not certified by CARB yet hence they can't issue me one.
    Does anyone have a 2008-2010 evo x with AEM intake that's willing to go through the trouble and get one replacement sticker for me? You'll need to take a pic of your car with the intake installed, a pic of your vin, a copy of the registration, and fill out an inquiry form (which I can send you).
    Let me know if anyone can help, I owe you big time.

Cars
    Dodrio
    AEM intake on the X looks stock anyways, no need for carb sticker.

Waka waka - I'm a slowpoke
    Doc Mosh #1 fan boy

Tustin Meet Coordinator RC10EVOX's Avatar
    Cars
    2010 WW Evo X
    I would think you can try calling them back, asking for the same thing but this time just say you have an 08. Seems like that would be easy enough?

If not, AEM is fairly local. I'm sure you could drive down and get one in person. If that doesn't work, a friend of mine works at AEM and just PM me and I can get a hold of him and see about getting you a sticker?

Cars
    Dodrio
    Quote Originally Posted by RC10EVOX View Post
    I would think you can try calling them back, asking for the same thing but this time just say you have an 08. Seems like that would be easy enough?

If not, AEM is fairly local. I'm sure you could drive down and get one in person. If that doesn't work, a friend of mine works at AEM and just PM me and I can get a hold of him and see about getting you a sticker?
    They can verify make/year base on VIN which you have to provide as proof.

Waka waka - I'm a slowpoke
    Doc Mosh #1 fan boy

Cars
    06 EB Evo IX GSR / 21 Type R
    Why not just print out the carb # off the internet from the bar website?

u can buy one from ebay for like 20 bucks.. problem solved

Cars
    06 EB Evo IX GSR / 21 Type R
    So hard to find...
    http://arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/de...eo/D-670-6.pdf

Simply print it out and carry a copy in your car.

Just put on any AEM carb sticker. Cop aint gonna go through all the trouble to verify that it's made for your car, unless he's bored as hell and in and out burger is closed. There's a guy selling one for a ix on evom, just buy that and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by EvoIX007 View Post
    So hard to find...
    http://arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/de...eo/D-670-6.pdf

Simply print it out and carry a copy in your car.
    Tried this 4 times today with my IX, smog techs don't believe in crazy things like "the internet" or "the official Air Resources Board website". Just non-stop UFOs and Chupacabras for them.

Gonna have to get a sticker I guess. Those polar bears are in luck, a round pipe is finally going to have a sticker on it!

Phew that was a close one too, just barely avoided the Quaternary Mass Extinction Event.

Cars
    2008 GG Evo X
    Very true.

When they were setting up the two speed idle test was the vehicle they selected on the system a Lancer and not a Lancer Evo? For Model Year 2008 there was only an option for lancer and my car wouldn't pass the first few times and the smog tech couldn't tell me why. We looked back at Model Year 2006 and there was two options, one for a lancer and another for an lancer evolution. Didn't figure out why at the end, my car eventually passed but I super heated the cat right before going in.

Quote Originally Posted by another name user View Post
    Tried this 4 times today with my IX, smog techs don't believe in crazy things like "the internet" or "the official Air Resources Board website". Just non-stop UFOs and Chupacabras for them.

Gonna have to get a sticker I guess. Those polar bears are in luck, a round pipe is finally going to have a sticker on it!

Phew that was a close one too, just barely avoided the Quaternary Mass Extinction Event.

Experienced
    Cars
    1995 Ford Probe GT, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6, 2013 GSR
    When I had my 2006 Speed 6 smogged within the last year, I took it in with the Cobb intake on it. The tech of course looked at me kind of cross eyed. I pointed to the EO sticker on the side of it, to which he still had a hesitant look. I had printed out the associated EO document and brought it with me, so in combination of the sticker and printout he went ahead and smogged it, which the car passed just fine.

The reasons for wanting/needing the EO sticker for an AEM sticker really do depend on why you need it. You don't technically need one until your next smog, so for a 2011 that would be... 2018? By which point AEM may have the 2011+ EO exemption stickers available.

If you need it because you're trying to minimize the "tuner tax" dilemma, then you could replace the glossy metal "AEM" cover with a sheet of dusty plastic.

20140703_104306_resized.jpg

Mine is specifically 1/16" black hair cell ABS sheet. You could certainly use any appropriate material, but hair cell is closest to that automotive plastic look. Anybody is welcome to have the one off my car as long as you cover the cost of material and trouble.

But then again, if they're making you pop the hood, the AEM intake is probably the least of your worries and you'd probably want the nice shiny AEM logo most of the time anyway.
    RRE Tuned (bolt ons, flex fuel), West End Alignment (KW v3 coils)