Thread: 2015 wrx and sti

2015 wrx and sti

I drove a 2015 sti a few days ago and was thoroughly unimpressed. Power delivery was a let down. It was nowhere near as enjoyable to drive as my old evo was. So i decided to drive the wrx. That came much closer to meeting my expectations.
    my 2 cents ... WRX > STI for 2015.
    That is all.
    BUDLoNG
    r u looney tuned?

Cars
    2012 Subaru STi and 2009 Corvette
    Quote Originally Posted by BUDLoNG View Post
    I drove a 2015 sti a few days ago and was thoroughly unimpressed. Power delivery was a let down. It was nowhere near as enjoyable to drive as my old evo was. So i decided to drive the wrx. That came much closer to meeting my expectations.
    my 2 cents ... WRX > STI for 2015.
    That is all.
    BUDLoNG
    Make sure you test drive then in S# - it will make a big difference with boost and power.

kartdriver8

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    Evo IX, 91 eclipse gsx, and other commuters...
    The reason for that is the new engine that was a complete redesign for the wrx, the STI is still using the old EJ25. The new motor in the WRX is a 2.0 liter that is actually much more efficient then the 2.5 liter in the STI. The power is down in peak power and torque but the curve is much better on the WRX. Power comes in sooner and is more fun around a track due to the less lag you get int the STI.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
    Cars
    5150 flexfuel tuned 14/ww CZ4A/07 CT9A MR
    you been living under a hub cap, this is well known. it also why there are sooo many puppy dog eyed sti's sitting on dealer lots, while the WRX's fling off the lots like pancakes.