Thread: Fortune Auto 500/510 with Swift Springs

Fortune Auto 500/510 with Swift Springs

Been riding on a set of MR Bilsteins with H&R Springs on an 8MR. They are fine for daily driving but im thinking about taking my car to the track in the next few months.

I've read a lot of things over on EVOM about the Fortune Auto coilovers and members over there are raving about them. Are there any socal users using them? Anybody in the Los Angeles area? I don't daily drive my evo

For those using them how do you like them, any clunking/unusual noises? is it difficult to adjust ride height?

Thanks!

Cars
    2016 BMW M4 ZCP
    Try the stock bilsteins on the track first if you haven't then go from there. You'll figure out what you want to do with the suspension and at the same time improve your lap time. Each has it's own preference when it comes to suspension but we all have the same goal, improve lap times.
    What is power without control?

i have a set of the 500's on my evo 9 gsr, although my spring rates are pretty high, I don't really have an issue daily driving them. I would definitely recommend them for a good budget setup. let me know if you have any other questions

Thanks!

im seriously thinking about buying it. Where are u from?

Cars
    '11 WW X GSR, '06 GG IX MR, '14 PB X GSR
    I'm running 500's on my X with 9K F/R and roller bearings. The ride is nice for a DD, I've never tracked them but I've done some canyon runs and they hold up well. But that's incomparable with a track lol.

"Kneel before my minions, as they kneel before me."
    Instagram: EvoSev

I'm from south L.A, Ive tracked on mine once at Streets of willow and they held up perfectly, I can only imagine how much better they'd do when set up properly:)

Just ordered mine. 9k rear 8 k front. I'll let you know how they are

Cars
    Evo VIII
    Don't mean to hijack but which vendor did you order from?

In the same boat as you. Would also like to know since they're at a good price point.

I ended up going with KW V3's.

you can never go wrong with kw's…. ohlins and more seat time are what's next for me when funds allow

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    Evo IX, 91 eclipse gsx, and other commuters...
    You never tried to track it with your current set up? That was a big jump to coilovers, what is the rest of your suspension like currently? Sway bars, chassis stiffening, anti roll center, bushings etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Pwrdby4g63 View Post
    You never tried to track it with your current set up? That was a big jump to coilovers, what is the rest of your suspension like currently? Sway bars, chassis stiffening, anti roll center, bushings etc...
    I tracked it twice with the old Bilstein/Springs combination and it went fine.... i did notice a lot of body roll as well as understeer, particularly at SOW.

Gilbert Flores set up my KW's and have yet to hit the track.... I do feel the car rotate better vs. the natural tendency for it to understeer like before.