Thread: How I resolved my Fix it ticket

How I resolved my Fix it ticket

I got a fix it ticket for a loud exhaust, so I put my exhaust back to stock and went to the CHP down in Culver. They directed me to a referee station. I called them and they wanted $108 for a noise db inspection. I didn't want to use my money. So I went to another CHP station. Same conclusion. Then I read somewhere online that if I went to the superior court inspection station, they would sign the ticket off for me. After talking to 3 sheriffs and waiting for 3 hours, I got my ticket signed off for $17 dollars instead of the $108 I would have paid at the referee station. So I think the lesson I learned is to wait at the superior court inspection station for a nice sheriff to inspect your car. Cheers. =D

Where is inspection station at?

It was the one up in Van Nuys.

How much gas did you have to spend to drive the extra amount of miles to come to this conclusion? lol

Haha XD I think I used a good half tank of gas going to all the stations. Good point though...

Quote Originally Posted by Eun-sang Cha View Post
    Haha XD I think I used a good half tank of gas going to all the stations. Good point though...
    Still much cheaper than that $108 fine

That's good advice, but it makes me angry that you get a ticket then you have to pay to confirm you fixed it.

Cars
    06 EB Evo IX GSR / 21 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by FoodRapist View Post
    That's good advice, but it makes me angry that you get a ticket then you have to pay to confirm you fixed it.
    Part of the game of modding. If you don't want to get caught, don't modify the car.

"Dang it, i got ticket for doing something I KNOW is illegal."

Cars
    2003 Evo 8, 2014 Charger AWD (family car), 1997 Mustang Cobra SVT (DD), 1998 Mustang Cobra SVT Vortech Supercharger (Weekend Drag car)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoIX007 View Post
    Part of the game of modding. If you don't want to get caught, don't modify the car.

"Dang it, i got ticket for doing something I KNOW is illegal."
    Lmao very true. U gotta pay to play.
    Wtb Evo 8/9 Oem Tb hood
    Wtb AUTHENTIC! TB Jdm rear bumper

Mr. Gangbang

Quote Originally Posted by EvoMr420 View Post
    Lmao very true. U gotta pay to play.
    Lol Straight up. Got a 1400$ ticket for not having an up-to-date insurance card, missing license plate, and of course...speeding. I was pretty pissed but at the end of the day, you do pay to play just like anything else.

Cars
    2003 Evo 8, 2014 Charger AWD (family car), 1997 Mustang Cobra SVT (DD), 1998 Mustang Cobra SVT Vortech Supercharger (Weekend Drag car)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richwithnomoney View Post
    Lol Straight up. Got a 1400$ ticket for not having an up-to-date insurance card, missing license plate, and of course...speeding. I was pretty pissed but at the end of the day, you do pay to play just like anything else.
    I've gotten one of those tickets too, back when I first got my car... Thats the only downside/things u have to get used to well owning an evo, is getting pulled over all the time. I've been pulled over twice in 1 week luckily let go both times. They usually make up some bs excuse why they pulled me over just to make sure I'm legit smh lol
    Wtb Evo 8/9 Oem Tb hood
    Wtb AUTHENTIC! TB Jdm rear bumper

I got pulled over the other day for my exhaust system. The officer let me go, I still put the stock exhaust on