Thread: Shout out to RRE!!

Experienced
    Cars
    2013 GTR, 2014 EVO X GSR

Shout out to RRE!!

I'd really like to thank Mike and Rick at RRE for tuning my EVO X. I had a very bad tune on it and i needed a retune as quick as possible. RRE was able to get me in under very short notice and take a look at my car. We added a 3 port and then retuned making 50whp and 60tq over my existing tune bringing it up to 325hp and 340tq at 25psi.

Thanks a lot guys!!

and the dyno video

http://youtu.be/GJpPWnTHLUU
    Last edited by fricks; 07-29-2014 at 10:10 PM.
    14 Mitsubishi EVO X Wicked White | Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust - AMS FMIC + Full Piping w/ Tial BOV, AMS Intake, AMS Catless DP | 325whp/340tq on 91

13 Nissan GTR Pearl White
    | Meisterchaft Exhaust - AAM Non Res Midpipe - AAM Intake, GFB BOV | 495whp/400tq on 91

Cars
    2008 Evolution X GSR
    Nice results!
    2008 Evolution X GSR in RR. Current Mods List: AEM Intake, AEM UICP and LICP, Depo 3.5" FMIC, RRE 3-Port EBC, 3" Mipe-pipe to HKS Legamax Exhaust, Depo HFC, Synapse DV, Works SS w/ TWM Knob, MR BBS's, Bilsteins w/ Swift Sports, AEM Failsafe, MR Trim Swap.

Tuned by Mike Welsh at RRE - 315 whp / 318 lb-ft

Mr. Gangbang

Good to hear they could help you out. Who did your previous "bad" tune?

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    as I remember he had a e-tune... Great to see this good numbers. Nothing more important to have a face-face conversation with the tuner in a shop with expertise in the platform :)

SoCalEvo.net Shop

He probably cant/shouldn't say who. But it was not any kind EVO tuner that I have heard of (which was probably the main problem). No So Cal EVO shop warz drama to be found here.

Mike W

Mr. Gangbang

Quote Originally Posted by Mike W View Post
    He probably cant/shouldn't say who. But it was not any kind EVO tuner that I have heard of (which was probably the main problem). No So Cal EVO shop warz drama to be found here.

Mike W
    I do agree with you, just wanted to know why someone would think they could tune and put someones property in danger. I've seen a couple posts recently on SCE about bad tunes and it seems like alot more people think they can tune. No disrespect to any of the reputable tuners on here at all, the tuning should be left to guys that know what they're doing.

Another happy customer for RRE haha

Experienced
    Cars
    2013 GTR, 2014 EVO X GSR
    The E Tune was done from a very well respected company but probably just are a bit rusty or new tuners lack the expertise in the EVO platform. Either way It's fixed now and loving the car!
    14 Mitsubishi EVO X Wicked White | Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust - AMS FMIC + Full Piping w/ Tial BOV, AMS Intake, AMS Catless DP | 325whp/340tq on 91

| Meisterchaft Exhaust - AAM Non Res Midpipe - AAM Intake, GFB BOV | 495whp/400tq on 91

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by fricks View Post
    The E Tune was done from a very well respected company but probably just are a bit rusty or new tuners lack the expertise in the EVO platform. Either way It's fixed now and loving the car!
    I know RRE offer tunes for nissan. Not sure if there was mentioned a future service for the GTR

Experienced
    Cars
    2013 GTR, 2014 EVO X GSR
    Yeah they did let me know. Waiting for the warrenty to run out before I tune the GTR.