Thread: Coronado Speed Fest - The Race at the Base

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX

Coronado Speed Fest - The Race at the Base

Hope some of you so cal guys can make it. This is a great event. See some awesome historic race cars doing what they do best, and since it's fleet week the Navy has a bunch of cool shit going on to. I'll be working there Friday through Sunday.

https://www.fleetweeksandiego.org/ev...peed-festival/

I'm going after golf in the morning. Can't wait to see vintage race cars

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    It is a cool deal. Only race on an active base. It provides for some unique sights. It's setup on the northwest corner of the airfield. South of you, you've got all the helicopters practicing or maneuvering or what have you. On the North end, you've got the channel that connects San Diego Bay to the Pacific, so you see all sorts of boats acting as a living backdrop to the track. Saw a number of destroyers, a huge old school sailing ship etc. And then off to the West you have a runway, so we saw a number of F/A 18's or what have you pulling crazy takeoffs etc. So badass. All the while the cars doing their thing. Haha.

El Cajon BMW brought out a bunch of demo cars so that has been cool. I took several laps around the track in our pace car...2014 M6 vert. That car is mind boggling. Obviously tons of acceleration, but it's a cow and yet it's super nimble, great braking etc. You wonder how they do it. All the while you've got air conditioned seats.