Thread: EVO 8 or 9. Why?

Mr. Gangbang

EVO 8 or 9. Why?

So, I'm finally teaching my gf to drive my GSR X and she's starting to like it so I might get the green light on getting another. I've been looking around for a bit here and there with no intention to buy but, I actually might start going to see them to see what numbers they come up with. I used to be set on a GG 9 MR but I want to see what you guys think, and why.

Cars
    2003 Evo 8, 2014 Charger AWD (family car), 1997 Mustang Cobra SVT (DD), 1998 Mustang Cobra SVT Vortech Supercharger (Weekend Drag car)
    I love my (mostly stock, low mileage) Evo VIII, the plan is to get a IX to add to the collection and build it up (hopefully an RS, if I can find one)
    I personally don't prefer 1 over the other, I just want one of each.
    Wtb Evo 8/9 Oem Tb hood
    Wtb AUTHENTIC! TB Jdm rear bumper

Junior Moderator

Cars
    Evo 8/9
    Basically the same car dude. An 8 is a bit cheaper on maintenance, (spark plugs!). Other than that it's just preference.
    Pictures on all for sale/for trade threads is being enforced!

Cars
    2003 Evo 8, 2014 Charger AWD (family car), 1997 Mustang Cobra SVT (DD), 1998 Mustang Cobra SVT Vortech Supercharger (Weekend Drag car)
    Quote Originally Posted by evobros View Post
    Basically the same car dude. An 8 is a bit cheaper on maintenance, (spark plugs!). Other than that it's just preference.
    Yea they are. But I want a second Evo, I wanna have one I can DD and one built/strictly track car.
    Wtb Evo 8/9 Oem Tb hood

Junior Moderator

Cars
    Evo 8/9
    I have both :). But both are stock :/
    Pictures on all for sale/for trade threads is being enforced!

Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by evobros View Post
    I have both :). But both are stock :/
    I know u do, lucky... I want that RR rs u have
    Wtb Evo 8/9 Oem Tb hood

Cars
    04 tarmac black ssl
    evo 9s make more power (mivec) with basic bolt ons they come with a better turbo as well and acd with a limited slip up front i believe. It just all depends on what you want to do with the car if your going to do a motor build track monster an evo 8 will do just fine its cheaper to buy but keep in mind you will have to do some upgrades. If you want a nice weekend car with lots of power and occasional track use the evo 9 will do that and more if you wanted to make it a track monster.

I have an evo 8 and i love it i already have an evo 9 turbo im ready to slap on with some cams bigger injectors and a tune. With the evo 9 you dont need a bigger turbo just a tune with some basic bolt on like intercooler piping bigger injectors cams and a tune and your set. I know a few people who make about 400-420whp on stock evo 9 turbo.

Mr. Gangbang

Hm alright. I want it to be a track car but still be able to drive it to meets and stuff so not a full track set up. I guess we'll see what I can find for the best price.

Thanks homo's...I mean homies lol

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    +1 on getting the Evo IX. the MIVEC head on the 4G63 does wonders over the non-MIVEC 4G63.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Also worth mentioning - Revised coolant passages in the MIVEC head. Better combustion chamber cooling. Hence the new, smaller plugs. This translates directly into more detonation resistance, especially good for the pump gas guys. (not that the older heads were particularly bad, this is just a notable improvement)

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    Evo IX / BMW M6
    EVO IX of course. It is the best Evo made up too date.

SoCalEvo.net Shop

Cars
    They all broke
    in my opinion, if you're going to build a track car, you're most likely going to replace almost everything.. so go with an 8 save the money on the initial purchase.

if you're going basic bolt ons the evo 9 is a better buy for obvious reasons.

mivec helps make more power, you get the bigger turbo, you get the better bov, almost everything is better for a daily with bolt ons.

hashtag necro
    http://www.edoperformance.com
    11922 Western Ave.
    Stanton,CA 90680

PH: (714) 602-5741

Facebook: EDO Performance

Instagram:@edo_Performance