Thread: oil pressure light brefly

oil pressure light brefly

during making a kinda sharp left turn at 20mph tonight i saw my RED oil pressure light came on in the cluster for like 5 sec and then off. I parked the car in the driveway and check oil on dipstick. It shows full and still very clean (recent oil change). I checked oil again after 10 min and still full. I started the car 3 or 4 times and it runs fine with no oil pressure light on. Would it be safe to continue driving to work? I dont have oil pressure gauge, just a aem wideband o2 and it reads fine if that helps.

-evo 9 2006 gsr btw

Cars
    Dodrio
    How long you had the car? Could be a faulty sensor or bad wires if it happens on some occasions like that.

Waka waka - I'm a slowpoke
    Doc Mosh #1 fan boy

ive had it 4 years and first time seeing it like that

Cars
    2006 Evo 9 MR
    I've had this issue twice. The first time, the oil light would start flickering during idle and become solid when the RPMs dipped slightly below idle. I replaced the pressure sensor and the light never came back on.

The second time I had it, 8 months after the first, the light would sit solid at idle and only disappear during higher revs. I panicked, bought an oil pressure test kit and tested it. Everything was within spec at low and high RPM. Bought a second oil pressure sensor reaplcement, and the problem disappeared. I've had pretty bad luck with these things but from what I understand this problem isn't exactly uncommon with this car.