Thread: Need help!!!!

Cars
    (track car)1990 s13 hatch SE, 89SHP Starion,2005 Evo8,2002 saturnL200

Need help!!!!

Okay guys this is embarrassing seeing how I do this for a living but I can not seem to figure it out for the life of me and I really need to resolve this issue !!

My 2005 Evo 8 ssl My check engine light doesn't work. My Ecu will show codes for example I have a test pipe. I plug my scanner in and it shows me a p0420. Normal but I have no light in the cluster. I have removed the cluster and replaced the bulb with a new factory bulb and I still have nothing. What do you suggest would be the next step? Now I have been tuned but this problem has been existent prior to the tune but I had my tuner set my ses light for knock. I really want to get this resolved. Please help!!

Also I have a egr code since I have been tuned and I check the vacuum line and sure enough it popped off so I put it back with a zip tie cleared the codes. Drove 2 drive cycles checked it again and it came back so I rechecked the vac line and its still on there ? that also has me stumped

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Get wiring diagram, check output where the harness plugs into the cluster?

Maybe the EGR valve is stuck open/shut?

Experienced
    Cars
    8/MRS
    Your SES light should always come on when you turn the car key to Accessory. It is the standard check techs do to ensure the light functions in the first place. If it never comes on then the light is not working and apparently the bulb was not the reason.

SoCalEvo.net Shop

Blowed fuse?

Mike W

Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Hunter View Post
    Get wiring diagram, check output where the harness plugs into the cluster?

Maybe the EGR valve is stuck open/shut?
    I have yet to test voltage from the ecu to the ses and I dont think its a clog issue seeing its a p0403 that would be an electrical fault no?

Quote Originally Posted by Drew1 View Post
    Your SES light should always come on when you turn the car key to Accessory. It is the standard check techs do to ensure the light functions in the first place. If it never comes on then the light is not working and apparently the bulb was not the reason.
    yes I am aware of that, so would that mean my ecu is at fault? Its not triggering voltage to the light?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike W View Post
    Blowed fuse?

Mike W
    There is a fuse for check engine light??? Never heard of such a thing!! If you could tell me what fuse that would be I would be so grateful!! That could indeed be my problem.

Cars
    bump to the top still have nothing =/