Thread: A lighter alternative to RRE Stealth exhaust for 2015?

A lighter alternative to RRE Stealth exhaust for 2015?

Is there something out there that sounds like a Stealth, makes the same power, but weighs a bit less?

These days every single econobox on the road has huge shiny exhaust tips from the factory. I'm not sure if the RRE Stealth is necessary anymore. The goddamn Camry has red stitched seats and a huge, gaping, no-intercooler-havin-ass grille. You're almost better off putting your wing back on the Evo to help blend in with the rest of the crap on the road.

I'm just chasing < 3,000 lbs

I believe mike can make an aluminum version of the same exhaust you already have, unless you're in the need of something titanium.

Oh I had no idea, that's definitely something to consider. Titanium is probably way too titanium looking for me.

Also here's what it sounds like now, and I definitely don't want to change that.

http://youtu.be/YemGwsdFC3A

SoCalEvo.net Shop

The mufflers is what makes it quiet as it is and the mufflers are the weight. Your car (and all the cars introduced after 2006) are OMFG heavy for all the new side impact safety rules. Not for the muffler or for no muffler. Run a straight aluminum pipe and the EVO X is still an overweight pig. Run a straight aluminum pipe and take out the back seat and spare tire and take off the bumper reinforcements and the EVO X is still an overweight pig. If the difference between a "heavy" exhaust and a "light" exhaust is 25 lbs say... that is less than 1% ?

Mike W

It's an IX and I just want to get under 3,000 cause I'm chasing numbers. It's all JPs fault, he started it with this car. I'll weigh it properly once I'm close.

Also, check out this maniac. Xs bad at all if you're willing to give up some extras:

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66639
    Last edited by another name user; 02-26-2015 at 01:39 AM.

Cars
    WW X 11 "RRE special", C6 z06, 2013 outlander sport
    People get caught up on trends more than Anything else.
    Add more power and forget about the extra lbs. lol
    ''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''