Thread: Streets on 4/4

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX

Streets on 4/4

Just wanted to see if anyone was going or thinking about going. I'm going out with Extreme Speed. Taking my VIII for it's maiden voyage. Gonna be keeping things pretty mellow, mainly just shaking it down and seeing where it's at.

Quote Originally Posted by Apex Hunter View Post
    Just wanted to see if anyone was going or thinking about going. I'm going out with Extreme Speed. Taking my VIII for it's maiden voyage. Gonna be keeping things pretty mellow, mainly just shaking it down and seeing where it's at.
    Dude thats a VTEC CLUB event.... Bring the S2000.

The Evo is no fun at SOW.

Cars
    Haha, even better. Crashing the party. I had so much fun when i did streets in the S, i've been dying to get out there in the VIII and just see how the two cars differ.

Post up on how u did! Wont be surprised if u tracked faster in the S.

Cars
    Really fun day today. As it turned out, my best lap was the same as in the S. It actually makes sense, as i was driving the S more conservatively to give a big safety margin. Additionally, I felt more confident with the Evo. The Yoko S-Drives on the evo are not great, but still more predictable and communicative than the sloppy Falken 452s on the S, and the Evo is more tame at the limit.

It was just great to get out there and learn a bit more about how the Evo behaves when driven at or near the limit. Really fun and forgiving car. :) Looking forward to getting some real pads on the car and going back out.

Here's some pics:

My 5 year old smartphone does this car no justice. So nice.

Cars
    Evo IX GSR SE & a Miata!
    Nice! I would of brought the S to the Vtec club event though haha. When I first started tracking my Evo I hated the understeer (easier and less intimidating to drive at the limit). Need to get some rotation dialed in and it will be even more fun to drive. However, the S2K will punish you more if you are not smooth with your inputs, and requires more precise inputs and quick hands if things get out of hand.
    JD Motorsports| Custom Aero and Track Prep Solutions | Track Proven and Tested

1:46.3 @ BRP CW13 @ 400whp | 1:26.8 @ WSIR @ 400whp| 1:21.6 @ SOW CCW @ 400whp | 1:22.7 @ SOW CW @ 400whp

Cars
    You are 100% correct. The Evo is way more forgiving of my slow, ham fisted driving. Once i get some proper brake pads and tires that don't grease up so fast, i'm gonna want to start correcting the understeer bias.

So the S2K is stock, and will remain stock minus pads and tires, as i've got a looong way to go before i will be able to extract all of it's potential. Hopefully taking it out to Chuckwalla on 5/2.