Thread: San Diego bound soon

Cars
    2006 Evolution MR

San Diego bound soon

hey guys this site was recommended from an evom member as I am moving to San Diego & am excited as we will be home owners in the Lakeside area for the 1st time but with this comes my 2006 evolution MR. There's no emission testing here in Hawaii so just about everything restricted came off, egr, catalytic converter(Full RSR exhaust has no place for a test pipe), AEM V1, fully built motor, FP black JB, S3 cams, and just about all the rest of the supporting mods. It would take so much work in my opinion to pass emission testing and smog, I'm not even sure if there different testing or if the emission/smog are the same test, also I believe from what I've read they even plug into your ecu, luckily i still have the stock ecu, but there's no tune on it for what I have built. I guess in the end I'm leaning more towards being able to find someone who can pass my car? So the guy from evom said to sign up here, find out where the evo guys hang out in San Diego & I should be able to find someone who knows someone but he did say I'll have to come out of pocket a few bills, which is ok as long as its not to much as I barely drive my evo, its a garage queen, still has 33K on the odometer. Thanks for your help ahead of time and look forward to the community.

Experienced
    Cars
    8/MRS
    Hawaii to Lakeside?
    Wha, what, what the?

Getting past a smog check isn't the biggest deal. I am not sure what is involved with the DMV inspection.

I believe there are different regulations with moving into the state compared to if a resident were to buy your car and move it here. There is a lot more depth after you get it registered and smogged as well. Police can pull you over and write a referee ticket where you can't drive your car until it is put back to "stock" and inspected by a state smog official. Welcome to Nazifornia, you're better off in Arizona, Nevada, or probably any other state haha.

If you are on Facebook, you should also look up San Diego Evo (it is the only closed group but there are a lot of moderators on this forum as well)

He will have to take the car back to stock to get it to pass that is all there is to it. Say bye bye to all your mods. It will NEVER pass the visual much less the OBD test. Out here I call it a throw away or track only car good luck man you are going to need it.

Cars
    2006 Evolution MR
    I really don't drive it that often to put that much work into returning it to stock, surely there has got to be some other way? although I love my evo, and would only sell it for what most people would never pay for it, I'm just not 110% into it the way I use to be, Now that I'm older with kids and all, plus a new home owner, spending time on the Evo is not priority #1, truthfully its probably 2nd to last on the list, But I do still get a thrill out of driving it around every once in a blue moon, My son keeps reminding me that I'm going to show him how to drive it when he's old enough to of course that not for another 6-7 years. So with all all that I've said, and the few that have replied i'm a little disapointed to hear there's nothing that can be done. But I do appreciate what little imput has come to this thread, any Evo meet ups that go on in San Diego?

Experienced
    Cars
    8/MRS
    Go onto the facebook evo page. They have bi weekly meets in South county, Mid county, and North county.

Experienced
    Cars
    8/MRS
    If you are moving the car here, you might as well take it to the DMV and see what they would require and then try and figure out if there is anything you can do to get around it. Smog isn't the hard part but I have no idea what the DMV inspects or if they even pop the hood.

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    evo
    Contact me if you want your car to pass... Welcome to San Diego. I implore you to check out our san diego evo group on Facebook. We try and have a meet every week to 2 weeks. All the details are on there. It is the group with hundreds of members. The other groups are knock offs lol. Let me know if you have any questions.