Thread: Another happy Evo owner thanks to KTM

Cars
    2010 Evo X GSR

Another happy Evo owner thanks to KTM

First Impression:
    Where TF am I? Where TF is the shop?
    The shop is at the end of the blue/white, fenced building for future reference to others. As Khiem introduced himself to me, things started picking up for the better.

Got my car tuned on E85 for the first time. Khiem got me all setup and it was a great time.
    Thank goodness KT had extra parts in stock, I was missing a few crucial accessories for my bolt-ons. Came in clutch.
    Phil fixed my car's previous tuner's horrible curve with improvements.

I chose KTM over other tuners, especially the ones much closer to me, because KTM doesn't have that cocky, keyboard warrior-like attitude I got from one of the other shop owners when I asked a few questions- felt like they're all hype anyways, and also just a bad rep from a lot of the local Evo community for these shops. Khiem wasn't so biased as to if I was "on his team" and that nonsense.. so I decided to go with someone I could take seriously and trust with my car. Also heard good things about KTM from MP and that basically did it for me.

Anyways, made an appointment for 10AM. Got there right on time surprisingly.. the drive up from down south was horrifically long and far. Definitely worth it. Took a quick 3-ish hours to get my turbo inlet pipe, test pipe, fuel pump, injectors, and 3-port installed along with the dual map tune. E85 station is about 10 miles away so that was convenient. The previous tuner locked the ECU, but that can't stop KTM from doing their thing. Unfortunately, it also started raining during my stay at KTM.. so I didn't get to really test out the new gains. Nonetheless, a few short pulls quickly proved that KTM's tune is undoubtedly an improvement at the least. My power comes on very smoothly and doesn't feel like I'm going to blow my head(lol) so huge thanks to KTM!

Of course I'm heartbroken with their heartbreaker dyno numbers, and I hated the drive.. so be ready for those two things(especially if you're coming from afar)! Everything else was great! I'm looking forward to coming by again!

Suggested to allllllll!
    -2010 PB EVO X-

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
    Cars
    5150 flexfuel tuned 14/ww CZ4A/07 CT9A MR
    everyone always has such nice things to say about KTM.

its raining like a mug right now in SD, one of the few days it sucks to have summer tires here in SoCal.

its hard to talk about tuners, they instantly turn defensive, it becomes an exercise in Hearsay. IMHO: tuning is-in-a-way like kung fu. there are many styles, and they all work. but they fight about which is best. no matter though they each are bad asses in their own way.

I would like to see a better exchange of information in tuners for the sake of all the end users. we are the one who suffer from the wall of ECU.

Cars
    2006 WW EVO IX MR (sold), 2006 TB EVO IX SE
    yes!! everyone there is awesome! absolutely nothing but great things to say about that shop and the people that run it. I was there last Saturday for my tune and parts install. don't have the time for a full write up but who doesn't expect it to be a great experience? we even BBQed all day. I'll admit...I am not a fan of that drive but I don't see another viable option when it comes to tuning by car. to anyone looking for anything from maintenance work to tuning...check KT Motoring out! I will be very surprised if you are disappointed
    Instagram @benyuan5

tuned by KT Motoring 5/9/2015, 1/20/2016

Cars
    2010 Evo X GSR
    Quote Originally Posted by jiGGypiGGy View Post
    everyone always has such nice things to say about KTM.

its raining like a mug right now in SD, one of the few days it sucks to have summer tires here in SoCal.

its hard to talk about tuners, they instantly turn defensive, it becomes an exercise in Hearsay. IMHO: tuning is-in-a-way like kung fu. there are many styles, and they all work. but they fight about which is best. no matter though they each are bad asses in their own way.

I would like to see a better exchange of information in tuners for the sake of all the end users. we are the one who suffer from the wall of ECU.
    I was hoping they would at some point, but it seems as though every time one of the other shops opens their mouth.. it's never anything helpful.
    I forgot to add that Khiem followed up with me after my visit to KTM to say thank you. That was cool. I really appreciated that because I didn't feel like just another customer he made money off of. They're definitely great people at KTM.
    -2010 PB EVO X-

Experienced
    Cars
    2011 Evo X GSR, 2015 Toyota Highlander, 2008 Kawasaki ZX6R, 2004 CBR600RR
    @ OP what area are you from?

Nice write up! Glad you enjoyed your stay at KT, it's always pretty chill when I go there.

KT Motoring
    91/e85 tune by Dr. Phil

Cars
    2010 Evo X GSR
    Quote Originally Posted by boosties View Post
    @ OP what area are you from?

Nice write up! Glad you enjoyed your stay at KT, it's always pretty chill when I go there.
    Thanks! I live in Carlsbad, it's North County San Diego.
    -2010 PB EVO X-

Experienced
    Cars
    2011 Evo X GSR, 2015 Toyota Highlander, 2008 Kawasaki ZX6R, 2004 CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010evo10 View Post
    Thanks! I live in Carlsbad, it's North County San Diego.
    Damn!!! What a drive.. lol

KT Motoring
    91/e85 tune by Dr. Phil

So what did you end up putting down on each map?

Cars
    2010 Evo X GSR
    Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 FEVER View Post
    So what did you end up putting down on each map?
    281 on 91 and 317 on e85
    -2010 PB EVO X-