Thread: Detail Shop Recommendations around Irvine

Cars
    06 MR9 EVO, 72 Lotus Elan, 71 Porsche 911

Detail Shop Recommendations around Irvine

Since we're driving the EVO down to MOD from Washington its going to get real buggy and dirty along the trip. Does anyone have any recommendations for a detail shop, or a good location where I could clean and detail the car myself?
    Thanks!

MAX

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    when exactly are you driving down from washington?

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    I'll recommend contact Proper Detailed at Victorville (+1 760 406 3417). Frank is known in the evo community here. he is on FB. Other if you are in SD, Socalevo detailer is Delegance Detailing. He has really good writeup about how to properly carwash your car.

here you go..

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Quote Originally Posted by evo_jfa View Post
    Socalevo detailer is Delegance Detailing.
    Ditto this, and although he is based out of SD you might just check in with him, I think he travels up to OC from time to time.

I do know a guy based in Irvine who is really great as well. Top notch. Really impressed me with his work ethic, training, gear and of course the quality of the job. He is Brent, DBA Pacific Autowerks. 949.705.6805

Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    when exactly are you driving down from washington?
    Moses Lake. The plan is to come down 395 and do some sightseeing on a good old fashion road trip.

MAX

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Max View Post
    Moses Lake. The plan is to come down 395 and do some sightseeing on a good old fashion road trip.

MAX
    when not where do you expect to be in socal by friday afternoon or morning?

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    when not where do you expect to be in socal by friday afternoon or morning?
    I would like to get there Thursday evening So I can clean the car for Friday. Now let me be realistic, the Navigator (my wife) will dictate when we actually arrive So it may be Friday afternoon.
    MAX

Cars
    '03 TB Evo 8, '03 Honda Civic, & '07 Suby Outback
    I'll recommend contact Proper Detailed at Victorville (+1 760 406 3417). Frank is known in the evo community here. he is on FB. Other if you are in SD, Socalevo detailer is Delegance Detailing. He has really good writeup about how to properly carwash your car.

here you go..
    yeah Roger @ Delegance Detailing is really good. Will be using him soon. not sure how you could do it yourself here considering where you're coming from.

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    I'll use any self-service car wash and bring things like microfibers, wheel cleaner and wax. However following Roger's recommendation, unless we have cool down period and sof-twater, you could risk to damage your paint during the wax process. If I'm doing a long driving, I'll try to car wash the front daily before going to sleep and do the complete car wash here in LA. I'll detail the car before my cruise to help the wax to help me with bugs or any contamination from the road.

JFA EVO 9 MR - Track and Mountain Yeah

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    evo
    Thanks everyone for all the kind words. The problem for your particular application is you really don't have an area that we can detail since you are visiting. I would require you to visit me in San Diego. Also i can travel but I need a location to detail and there is a travel fee obviously. Also if I haven't done your car before then most likely you will need a moderate package to do it right. Otherwise I can do a wash for you and use high grade shampoo but anything more you most likely will need some sort of paint decon and correction. Meaning you don't just do a wash and wax. Please refer to my write ups to learn more. Most detailers haven't really been around that long. I've been doing it for almost 2 decades lol. Lastly, my services aren't for everyone. They are for those who demand the very best approach in car care.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Roger gives good hugs too if you know what I mean. That long drive down to SoCal makes some people yearn for that special "hug".

Sportback Evolution MR

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    evo
    Roger gives good hugs too if you know what I mean. That long drive down to SoCal makes some people yearn for that special "hug".
    He is right you know, I do give good hugs.

Cars
    I'll use any self-service car wash and bring things like microfibers, wheel cleaner and wax. However following Roger's recommendation, unless we have cool down period and sof-twater, you could risk to damage your paint during the wax process. If I'm doing a long driving, I'll try to car wash the front daily before going to sleep and do the complete car wash here in LA. I'll detail the car before my cruise to help the wax to help me with bugs or any contamination from the road.
    I think by the time we get there the self service car wash might be the best option. I've spent the last two days detailing the car, (wash, clay bar, polish, seal, wax) I have a box of Micro Fibers I'm bringing along with some liquid detailing fluid. Is there a chain of self service car washes around the MOD site? Any car washer that are 'No Touch'?

MAX

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    evo
    Orange, your best bet is to detail at your location then make the trip. Often times people forget the entire premises of a detail. Yes it brings out the true shine and luster of your vehicles paint but overall more than anything it is to protect your vehicles finish. My question is why would you not protect it before you leave for a long trip which you car will see many elements that can help damage the finish?

I see your last post you have started the process of protecting the paint. When you get here all you should have to do is maintenance detailing (ie: detail spray and wiping down the car and spot removal, then wiping the wheels, and possibly wiping the engine bay). Make sure when you wipe down the paint you spray the paint and towel liberally to keep from wiping contaminants across the paint to scratch. All of this info is in my sticky write-up. I suggest you read it, if you haven't already.

Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Delegance Detailing View Post
    Orange, your best bet is to detail at your location then make the trip. Often times people forget the entire premises of a detail. Yes it brings out the true shine and luster of your vehicles paint but overall more than anything it is to protect your vehicles finish. My question is why would you not protect it before you leave for a long trip which you car will see many elements that can help damage the finish?

I see your last post you have started the process of protecting the paint. When you get here all you should have to do is maintenance detailing (ie: detail spray and wiping down the car and spot removal, then wiping the wheels, and possibly wiping the engine bay). Make sure when you wipe down the paint you spray the paint and towel liberally to keep from wiping contaminants across the paint to scratch. All of this info is in my sticky write-up. I suggest you read it, if you haven't already.
    Yes, Complete Detail is done. I'm not a pro, but I'm proud of the results. I read your information. It was very informative, thank you! Are you going to MOD?
    MAX

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    evo
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Max View Post
    Yes, Complete Detail is done. I'm not a pro, but I'm proud of the results. I read your information. It was very informative, thank you! Are you going to MOD?
    MAX
    Honestly I am not sure yet. It will probably be a last minute decision to go. And if I do I won't be showing up till later cause of work schedule.