Thread: Just purchased my dream car!

Cars
    2015 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR

Red face Just purchased my dream car!

Hey there everyone! I've been dreaming of owning an Evo ever since I was a teenager and finally, ten years later, I was able to get a 2015 Evo GSR with barely 2300 miles on it! I put more miles on it just by driving it back here to SoCal from DFW Texas! Would love to get to know the crowd out here since it's become painfully apparent there's not much to do out here in the Lancaster area. Cheers!

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Hey, congrats on the purchase. I can relate. My friend bought one new in 03 and it took me 10 years to finally get one of my own.

Willow Springs Raceway can be a pretty fun place in Lancaster area. I was just there today!

Got any pics?

Cars
    2015 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR
    Sorry for the crappy quality. The first picture is the night I got it. The other two are today, but she needs a wash to get off all the dead road trip bugs.. My landlord says the water out here is calcium rich and that it's bad for the paint job if I try to hand wash my car. Is there any workaround to this?

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpg
    Last edited by Saifstfu; 02-28-2016 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Because I'm dumb.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    you could try using some sort of water filtration like the mr clean car wash (idk if they still sell that) or any other that plugs onto the hose to rinse off the car. if not that, get a professional detailer to come and wash the car for you.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    you could try using some sort of water filtration like the mr clean car wash (idk if they still sell that) ....
    Same recommendation as Delegance Detailing. Actually the forum detailer recommend double filtration btw.

Congrats. I was in the same boat too except I searched for an 8 and 9.

Cars
    14' WW Evo X GSR SS, 16.5' Mazda CX-5 GT
    Congrats on the Evo!

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    evo
    Quote Originally Posted by Saifstfu View Post
    Sorry for the crappy quality. The first picture is the night I got it. The other two are today, but she needs a wash to get off all the dead road trip bugs.. My landlord says the water out here is calcium rich and that it's bad for the paint job if I try to hand wash my car. Is there any workaround to this?

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpg
    Please read my sticky of "how to wash a car properly" in the show shine section. To answer your question quickly and simply. Do not wash the car with the water there. Find somewhere that has it duel filtered and softened system. Too bad you aren't closer to me.