Thread: Need help, clutch NOISE!

Need help, clutch NOISE!

Im having this really annoying rubbing sound whenever I disenage my clutch slowly. I have a stage 1 exedy aftermarket clutch with about 20k miles on it and it has never made any sound until now.

Heres an example, when am at a red light and I slowly creep up to the car in front, I put my car in first and slowly release the clutch pedal. When I do that, I hear a loud rubbing sound somewhere. This only happens when the car isnt fully warmed up( not all the time). After driving the car for about 30 mins, the sound goes away. The weird thing is that its never consistent. Some days theres no sound at all.

This is driving me nuts, please help!

Edit: Car is a 2003 Evo 8
    Last edited by Malivax; 05-23-2016 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Update

Cars
    Dodrio
    Could be throw out bearing, then again... alot of aftermarket clutches have clutch chatter.

Waka waka - I'm a slowpoke
    Doc Mosh #1 fan boy

Hi I dont know if i can post here but i am having clutch problems my clutch went hard and rough to push in then it went dead pedal..what could this be I know the CMC is bad cause its leaking but the fork on the clutch is pointed forward twards the car is this normal.. i also see the slave cylinder is working well ...how to tell my clutch ot TOB is the problem ?

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Hi there, this is actually an old thread of someone elses and the car was a bit different. Please feel free to start a new thread in the Evo X Drivetrain forum here: http://www.socalevo.net/forums/81-Evo-X-Drivetrain
    You will likely get some better results. Also, if you could post a picture of the orientation of the release fork in your new thread, that might be helpful.