Thread: New 2015 Diamond White FE owner!

New 2015 Diamond White FE owner!

Hey everyone, so I thought I'd finally introduce myself. I've been lurking on this forum at over at evolutionm.net for a long time, and finally decided to register, since, well why not? Anyway, my family has been long-time Mitsubishi loyalists. My parents had a 1991 Montero that lasted until about 2010. My first car (a hand-me-down) was a 1990 Mirage Hatchback that I used all through high school and a little into college before finally breaking down. When I was able, I bought a 2010 Lancer GTS that I have since passed onto my younger brother. In July of 2015, I finally upgraded and got a 2014 Cosmic Blue GSR. I loved it! Loved the exclusivity of the color, and because we live in SoCal, I think we can agree we're far outnumbered by Subaru owners (don't get me wrong, STi's are awesome too!), so the rare sightings of Evos in general was a plus. It was my first true sports car, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to go from an AWC system back to a RWD or FWD for that matter. Unfortunately, my car was deemed totalled in June when I had a collision with a lady that failed to yield to me while turning left as I entered the intersection. It's funny in retrospect, but as the accident happened, the only thing I could think about was that I can no longer get a Cosmic Blue Evo (buying used wasn't really an option for me because I have always read all over the forums that it's ill-advised, given that majority of Evo owners that are selling likely abused the vehicle), and that I had to get a 2015 model without Recaros.

Long story short, I was out of a car for about a month, had a rental car for about a week and a half, borrowed my brother's GTS occasionally just to get to work while I waited for the insurance to settle everything with the other party and the lien holder. Once that was all behind me, I went and purchased myself (hopefully for the last time) a 2015 Diamond White Final Edition (US1266)! Having been without an Evo for about a month really got me to appreciate the car all over again. I'm not sure why, but the car seems to get better gas mileage this time around as opposed to my last one (~230 miles/tank now vs. ~200 miles/tank then). Haven't done much aside from cosmetic changes. As of now I've added Rally Armor mud flaps, tint, replaced the ugly chrome side markers with Depo clear side markers, and installed an older set of Recaros from another Evo X I found on eBay. Probably won't touch much under the hood for the time being as I don't want to void my warranty or anything especially since it's the FE. Only plan as of now is to go wingless. Already ordered the duckbill trunk spoiler from Rexpeed so once that's installed I'll be content for a while (at least that's what I'm saying now, lol).

Sorry no pictures yet, I'm at work currently. But I'll be sure to post a few asap! Looking forward to learning a bunch on here!

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    What up man! Thanks for taking the time to give some background. Sounds like you guys are familiar with the brand! Maybe at some point get another 90 Mirage hatch and do something like this? :) I love those cars. Also really want a Monty! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag0v...be&app=desktop

Too bad about the Cosmic blue...those are really cool. It definitely can be a challenge to make a good buy on a used Evo though. Congrats on the FE. Those things are badass, i love that color scheme you got, and i would swap the seats and call it good. OK, maybe a nice exhaust, drop in filter, and a tune. :)

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    wow you sure got a trial by fire in getting your Evo! welcome to the boards, and go and check out a meet (depending on your location). Apex Hunter can show you the ropes with a bunch of cool guys :D

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    Really you have an appreciation for the brand. hope no more ladies distracted and hit the FE

Cars
    RS Evolution IX Rally Red
    The more and more I read these fantastic reviews

Makes me want to purchase an Evo X possibly MR version Stock for daily driven purposes

Cars
    EVO X SE
    Great come up!