Thread: newbie

hey everyone ,
    happy to be part of the socalevo family.presently not an evo owner but planning to buy in near future hope this forum will help me a lot.

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Welcome! Which Evo are you looking for? This is a good resource and some great folks on here.

im looking for some 9 or 7 but afraid of the maintenance and parts availability.may be its better shift to 10 whats your suggestions.do you have any idea of the next gen releasing heared it will be hybrid. is it correct

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    The 8/9 is quite different from the X. I suggest driving a good running example of each, and figuring out what you like, what fits your needs and feels best.

I've had my 8 for 3 years, it's been about as trouble free as it gets.

Cars
    2011 Evolution MR
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    im looking for some 9 or 7 but afraid of the maintenance and parts availability.may be its better shift to 10 whats your suggestions.do you have any idea of the next gen releasing heared it will be hybrid. is it correct
    I don't think you'd run into a parts shortage. I have a X MR, the dual-clutch, its pretty legit techno-wizidary but it's expensive to maintain and god forbidden it breaks as they're worth basically 1/3 of the car or you'll ship it to Colorado and not see it for 4 months -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Apex Hunter View Post
    The 8/9 is quite different from the X. I suggest driving a good running example of each, and figuring out what you like, what fits your needs and feels best.

I've had my 8 for 3 years, it's been about as trouble free as it gets.
    Believe this is key as well. Compared with a friend of mine's Evo X, I actually continued search for an Evo 8.

thanks everyone for the suggestions was not able to login for a while due to some personal issues.

welcome. I was able to test drive a viii, ix and a x. The x definitely is different. I did believe what other said that its DD friendly. It does feel safer and much bulkier. I was surprised at how small the trunk space was for the x. As with everyone's else recommendation, i would test drive both to get a feel.

Did you ever buy an evo?