PDA

View Full Version : Member Journals: Should other members be allowed to reply?

Coolguy949
07-05-2003, 04:24 AM
This is something I've been debating about since the creation of the Member Journals (http://forums.socalevo.net/viewforum.php?f=12) section. It would involve some coding to make it work, but do you think other people should be allowed to reply to your journal?

My biggest concern is organization. The journals could get clutterred with too many replies if the journal owner likes to keep it clean and organized.

What do you think?

Vanilla Sky
07-05-2003, 12:06 PM
hmm ok, edit:

i read the journal explaination up top..

i vote NO outside posts!

turbonawd
07-07-2003, 03:23 AM
hmm ok, edit:

i read the journal explaination up top..

i vote NO outside posts!

yeah we might get a lot of unnecessary stupid posts..

Ricardon
07-11-2003, 01:11 AM
Well, with my insanely long entries I'd have to vote no hehe

turbonawd
07-28-2003, 02:41 AM
Well, with my insanely long entries I'd have to vote no hehe

;asldfja;lsdfj;asdf

ErroR
12-12-2003, 09:48 PM
Time to resurrect a dead thread, I would think it might be nice to respond to the journals however there should be severe punishment for rude comments. No warning just banning.

MrBubbler
12-13-2003, 02:38 PM
wow i voted yes and it some how voted no

Ricardon
12-13-2003, 03:06 PM
I honestly don't see the point in allowing posts to member journals. I know I've wanted to post several times to people's entries, but I think things would get cluttered. Journals are for people to vent what they are thinking/feeling...I can smell the flames if we open them up to posts. I dunno, maybe a separate thread about journal replies, but same thing would happen...flames. Hey, MrBubbler and Dave...you guys seem interested in the journals...START ONE! hehehe, I've been waiting to see more people in there!

MrBubbler
12-13-2003, 04:29 PM
well honestly i think journals should be on www.livejournal.com and not on here = / but it does alow us to get to know people better i guess, venting to everyone isnt my style but i give props to whom can speak their own mind and are willin g to share it with all of us , more power to you!

ErroR
12-13-2003, 05:11 PM
Only reason I voted yes to the replies is for the mear fact of self defense when other s venting becomes offensive. I realize that this has yet to come up but you never know.

perversity
12-13-2003, 11:25 PM
I vote no. If you have a comment for someone's journal then PM them. If people can reply and it's in the thread then you will lose the flow of the journal. my 2 c

gt40
12-13-2003, 11:33 PM
Commenting on other people's journals... whats the point I mean it would be a conversation then not a journal.

ErroR
12-14-2003, 02:36 AM
I guess I see your logic in that. Until the issue of shit talking arises I will put this issue to bed.

A.J. Grant
12-24-2003, 04:21 PM
Commenting on other people's journals... whats the point I mean it would be a conversation then not a journal.

I agree with this comment..if we opened up the journals to others posts then it might as well be a thread about one person. We dont need that. A journal like um, (im sorry) "the guy, with the avatar of his nostrils that says meet master" said are too long..mine are at least..to have other replies in there with it. Also someone else mentioned it would ruin the flow of the journal. Thats so true. Let it be a closedthing for that one member and if someone has a problem with something said in it they can pm the person. Things can be edited..trust me i know.

gt40
12-25-2003, 12:53 AM
originally posted by aj grant

Let it be a closedthing for that one member and if someone has a problem with something said in it they can pm the person. Things can be edited..trust me i know.

hehehe.... Merry Chrismas!

A.J. Grant
12-25-2003, 01:58 AM
lol you know you are so loved gt40...i feel that smile/snicker all the way over here...

*smiles*

perversity
12-26-2003, 09:21 AM
the guy, with the avatar of his nostrils

ha ha - Rich, that's you, that is!

pureIX
04-05-2011, 02:50 AM
GRAVE DIGGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!