PDA

View Full Version : Got my recall notice.

drmosh
08-15-2003, 02:15 PM
Got the recall notice from Mitsu today... good excuse to have them check my alignment:

water may enter the front floorboard area from small openings in the passenger side sill and/or upper dash area body seams, This water may collect under the seat and cause electrical corrosion to occur in the wiring connector for the rear oxygen sensor, a component of the emission system, A malfunctionof the oxygen sensormay result in the illumination of the "check engine" lamp. Continued operation of the vehicle with the "check engine"lamp illuminated may result in excessive emissions or for your vehicle to fail an emission test (smog) program

ReHeat
08-15-2003, 03:15 PM
Can you take the car to any dealer to have them fix it, or the dealer that you bought the car from?

drmosh
08-15-2003, 03:52 PM
Recalls can be done at any dealer. In fact, service can be done at any dealer.

Ricardon
08-16-2003, 04:04 AM
Hmm, I haven't received the notice yet. But I was too lazy to check my mail today, so i guess it could be there. I already planned on taking the car in to HB Mitsu next week anyway, to have them check on some new "noises". It seems to be idling a little rough lately and the exhaust note has been a little louder than usual, especially the backpressure when the throttle plate closes, haven't had a chance to check it out myself, but screw it, Josh at HB is the shite!!

Chris in SD
08-16-2003, 07:20 AM
I told you HB Mitsu was good. Make sure you go in and talk to Jesus in parts. Just make contact - you might need him in the future. He got me a replacement part in Japan in a week so I could get it before I left for VA.

Coolguy949
08-16-2003, 01:40 PM
Time to take out the mods...

Chris in SD
08-16-2003, 06:50 PM
Time to take out the mods...

Rob, don't take out the mods - go to Huntington Beach Mitsu and talk to Josh (he is off Sun, Mon). He is very mod-friendly and let him know I told you to go there. I had long talks with him and he was cool with the mods I had.

Chris

GokuSSJ4
12-02-2003, 10:28 PM
Since I read aboout the recalls on this , i decided to check with the dealer . They check on no problems , I was told that the problem was with mainly with the first Evo's that they sold , that with the later models that they were brought it was fix.

Ricardon
12-03-2003, 03:10 AM
Mine is of the first run (bought first week of march) and I didnt have the problem. Took it in within a week of getting the notice.

rizalhoo
12-16-2003, 02:27 AM
Did any of you get grinding problem when shifting from gear 4-5? anyhow just wanna share an experience at Puente Hills Mistu Dealer.

I went there on sat to get an oil change and also inform them about the grinding problem that i had on my evo when shiftin from gear 4-5 and also asked them about the harness recall thingy that I was inform from mitsu dealer in cerritos where i bought my car

anyhow in conclusion, i had to left my car at puente hills mitsu dealer from sat-sun & pick it up on monday.

TO MY SURPRISE, they said that the clutch problem is recall and they are ordering the part for me. I've never know that this clutch problem has been put into the "recall list" anyhow i knew some people get this same problem but get it fix under warranty. Anyhow i got mine on recall as they said.

Hope this could helps to those that has the same problem as me. =)

ek9jdmhb
12-21-2003, 01:27 AM
is there a list of all the recalls on this car?

EvolOne
12-21-2003, 12:58 PM
Did any of you get grinding problem when shifting from gear 4-5? anyhow just wanna share an experience at Puente Hills Mistu Dealer.

I went there on sat to get an oil change and also inform them about the grinding problem that i had on my evo when shiftin from gear 4-5 and also asked them about the harness recall thingy that I was inform from mitsu dealer in cerritos where i bought my car

anyhow in conclusion, i had to left my car at puente hills mitsu dealer from sat-sun & pick it up on monday.

TO MY SURPRISE, they said that the clutch problem is recall and they are ordering the part for me. I've never know that this clutch problem has been put into the "recall list" anyhow i knew some people get this same problem but get it fix under warranty. Anyhow i got mine on recall as they said.

Hope this could helps to those that has the same problem as me. =)

Hi, Y'all:

I had my recall of the leaky parts that Mitsu service corrected by squirting silicon sealer around various panel parts.

Now I hear there is a clutch recall item.

I second prior poster in asking if anyone -- like Josh, are you there? -- could get us a list of ALL Evo recalls.

And, even more interesting, Is there a clutch recall out there?

I'll go to mitsu site and see what I can find. Rob2

EvolOne
12-21-2003, 07:29 PM
.....And what is the deal with a "harness recall?"

Rob, do you have good enough contacts with Mitsu Cars USA to get a complete listing of all service memos and recalls on the Evo so far??

Thanks, Rob2

rizalhoo
12-21-2003, 10:40 PM
i dont know bro about the harness recall, i was sent a letter from mitsu at browning over at cerritos saying that to check in my car and to check bout the harness recall thingy. have no idea myself

GokuSSJ4
12-22-2003, 10:14 AM
that would be nice if they recall the stock clutch for something a lot better .. can anyone check on the clutch recall ....

han74j
12-22-2003, 06:24 PM
yes please check the clutch recall???? i think we can all use a new one muhaahhahaahah

mr. evo
12-31-2003, 10:39 AM
quote: TO MY SURPRISE, they said that the clutch problem is recall and they are ordering the part for me. I've never know that this clutch problem has been put into the "recall list" anyhow i knew some people get this same problem but get it fix under warranty. Anyhow i got mine on recall as they said.

This is Josh from HB,
I would be curious to see the recipt on that service. What part was it that they ordered? To the best of my knowledge there is no such recall. I have checked pretty thouroughly and found that the only recall out is the "harness recall", and believe me I have all the conections to find this info. I also can find out on any new recalls that might be surfacing, but there is nothing at this point. If there is anything new I'll let everyone know.

If anyone has any questions about their Evo, please don't hesitate to e-mail me or pm me. My e-mail is [email protected]