PDA

View Full Version : Intake suggestion please

Ducatist921
10-25-2003, 02:27 AM
Which would you prefer Blitz or AEM? and why?

Thanks in advance.

TurboEvo
10-25-2003, 07:46 PM
Blitz filter tends to set off the Check engine light due to the SUS filter design. The WRX people always have check engine issue with the Blitz Intake. The AEM one is nice but kind of wierd with the filter bent upward on the EVO. Personally I like the HKS one but I seen review on the Internet that the filtration on the HKS filter is not that great either!!

EvolOne
10-25-2003, 09:40 PM
What about APS

Ducatist921
10-26-2003, 11:38 AM
thanks guys, I think I'm going to go with aem then. anyone have any idea what is the filter opening is?

CACalomino
10-26-2003, 05:53 PM
I would just recomend a K@N drop in why suck up hot air

drmosh
10-26-2003, 06:02 PM
How much did you pay for your K&N drop in Chris?

IS2000
10-26-2003, 08:12 PM
I'd say go with K&N drop-in if you are going to run with stock ecu. I had an HKS RS kit, and the car didn't run that good stock. However, after I got Works P2 flash, the car was a beast. The turbo kicks in even before 2K rpm, which help eliminated turbo-lack Though, I had to put the stock airbox back, because of a stupid intake ticket :evil: . Now, with the K&N filter, I can definitely feel the turbo-lack even if the car pulls just as hard as before. I'm still considering if I should put my intake back. I definitely missed that low-end pulls, and the sound. :cry:

Ducatist921
10-26-2003, 09:52 PM
Is2000 how much did you pay for the ecu flash and how much power did it produce? And would that void the warrenty?

The Emperor
11-01-2003, 04:58 PM
I'd say go with K&N drop-in if you are going to run with stock ecu. I had an HKS RS kit, and the car didn't run that good stock. However, after I got Works P2 flash, the car was a beast. The turbo kicks in even before 2K rpm, which help eliminated turbo-lack Though, I had to put the stock airbox back, because of a stupid intake ticket :evil: . Now, with the K&N filter, I can definitely feel the turbo-lack even if the car pulls just as hard as before. I'm still considering if I should put my intake back. I definitely missed that low-end pulls, and the sound. :cry:

u showed the cop what was under the hood? were u speeding?