PDA

View Full Version : Lower Control Arm BRace

EvolOne
10-27-2003, 10:18 PM
I know it ain't sexy, but what about the RMR or similar front lowercontrol arm brace. I'm springing for the turboback exhaust of AVO or RMR, and wondering if instead of shimming existing setup I should get the beefy RMR...Or is this an offroad use device?

Whatcha think SocalEVoldoers?

leaveit2bevo
10-27-2003, 11:58 PM
wait until the meet I think Rich and Mark may have something your going to be interested in. As far as exhaust Ive heard the avo makes fucking 50whp which is insane!!! and sounds almost stock.

BOVBILLY
10-28-2003, 10:26 AM
Just wait!

EvolOne
10-28-2003, 10:37 AM
Sounds like AVO has me sold.

Just talked to my mitsu dealer and he said any exhaust sys mod = void warranty.

As I said, I'm loving my evo. BUT subaru actually encouraged me to add aftermarket to my WRX, AND they said NO WARRANTY problem.

I am a little pissed about this. Don't plan to jack up my car and interchange exhaust systems EVERY FRICKING Time I might hit the dealership for a routine, warranty-maintaining service.

That is what pisses me off about Mitsu!! They give you a great car, one that is ripe for enhancements -- same as JDM type stuff -- and then bitchslap you for wanting to take advantage of the PO tential!!

GrrRRRRRRRR

Now you're gonna tell me that HB mitsu is cool? One dealership in how many?

Soooo frustrating!!

leaveit2bevo
10-28-2003, 11:38 AM
Fuck mitsu I say do it anyway, they have to prove that your exhaust damaged the part you want to warrenty.Tell them you know the law and your lawyer does to.

EvolOne
10-28-2003, 01:51 PM
LeaveittoBevo says FIA (fork it all) about the Mitsu service folks and adding aftermarket.

We've all seen the threads about Mitsu and the modifcations=warranty void posture.

Any other reassuring thoughts from others regarding FIT and full mods ahead?

Like do we know attny's ready to challenge?

Is our thread protest being read and responded to by Mitsu?

Should we email / slam mitsu USA about this stuff en masse?

I like the poll, but also like direct and forceful approaches.

Thoughts?

drmosh
10-28-2003, 02:09 PM
LeaveittoBevo says FIA (fork it all) about the Mitsu service folks and adding aftermarket.

We've all seen the threads about Mitsu and the modifcations=warranty void posture.

Any other reassuring thoughts from others regarding FIT and full mods ahead?

Like do we know attny's ready to challenge?

Is our thread protest being read and responded to by Mitsu?

Should we email / slam mitsu USA about this stuff en masse?

I like the poll, but also like direct and forceful approaches.

Thoughts?

The letter of the law states that they can only deny warranty if your mods are the cause of any problems... of course, you'll probably be in for a fight regarding that...

Ricardon
11-29-2003, 02:28 AM
Well Rob2, this is an ultra late post as this thread has been up for awhile, but here goes. I think you've seen our lower arm brace. It is a seriously overbuilt piece if it's anything! The one that's on my car is our final prototype, it's a bit larger than the ones we will be producing, but the development is all done. I will be finishing Bevo's this weekend and hope to have it on his car hopefully by Sunday. It has plenty of clearance for a true 3" downpipe, and is lighter and stronger than ANYTHING on the market right now. We are selling them for $150, and I'll install it for you for free, but any monkey with a jack and a torque wrench can do it in less than 10 minutes. I know you were at the last meet, but I made it clear to everyone that we will be using the proceeds from the brace sales to rent a track and have a SoCalEvo only track day! Anyone who buys a brace races for free, and SoCalEvo members who don't buy a brace will race for a serious discount. I need to sell 25-50 of them before I can make that happen though. Let me know if you want one and what color (I can have a red or yellow one done in less time than it took me to write this as I already have those two colors of paint). Anyone else?