PDA

View Full Version : Run off the road!

perversity
11-03-2003, 11:26 AM
I had the unfortunate experience of being run off the road by another car last night. A very unobservant WRX driver (black car, no wing, ss single exhaust) pulled into the lane I was in on the 405 at about 11.30 Sunday night, causing me to swerve and come into contact with a retaining wall!

I'm ok, my wife has whiplash and the car is a wreck.

So... If any of you should happen to know or know of said WRX driver can you please make mention to them that I would like an apology for their wreckless behaviour.

See you when I get the car back on the road....

BOVBILLY
11-03-2003, 12:10 PM
Man, I hope the wife is ok. The car can be fixed, or replaced, your wife can't.

People need to be a little more careful when driving!

perversity
11-03-2003, 12:18 PM
I still have to take her to the doctor's. Waiting for the damn claims adjuster. Thanks for your concern Billy.

BOVBILLY
11-03-2003, 12:21 PM
Let me know how it goes.

ReHeat
11-03-2003, 12:48 PM
Sorry to hear what happened Tony, hope you and your wife are doing ok. Hope you get your car fixed soon.

ErroR
11-03-2003, 01:31 PM
And I hope you ind that WRX Tony :evil:

leaveit2bevo
11-03-2003, 02:00 PM
dude forget an apology, I say we we all get together and give that wrx owner a socalevo beat down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOVBILLY
11-03-2003, 02:18 PM
I am in!

Coolguy949
11-03-2003, 02:29 PM
Wow man, you just had it repainted to!!

perversity
11-04-2003, 12:45 PM
Yeah, the whole irony is that the guy from the bodyshop where I just got it repainted said he usually sees his customers again within 3 weeks. I think he cursed me!

As far as the WRX driver goes, I appreciate the offer of the beat down, but an apology and maybe money to cover my deductable and the hiked insrance rates I will suffer because I did not collide with another car would be sufficient.

BTW Josh just called me from Hutington Beach mitus where the car is going to be repaired. I am so glad that those guys are going to take care of my car! I declined Josh's offer to take care of my wife though ;)

__NiTe__
11-11-2003, 02:40 AM
OMFG THAT SUX!!! You should have just hit him. At least his car would've been damaged too. Besides, that way it would've stopped him and u could've got his insurance info. I do that myself sometimes. Not crash into ppl on purpose... But when they act stupid and force me to crash into them, i just let it happen, because I know its their fault. I'll get full compensation plus no hit and runs will happen if they get damaged severely too.

__NiTe__
11-11-2003, 02:41 AM
That's, of course, only in situations when if I try to swerve, only I'd get damaged and no one else. I want him to pay for his stupid acts too!!

ErroR
11-11-2003, 09:17 AM
So how many times have you "let it happen" :buds:

drmosh
11-11-2003, 11:47 AM
Man! That sucks!

posted by PDA

perversity
11-11-2003, 12:05 PM
Yeah, it's difficult to think rationally about it when somthing like that happens, but in hindsight I should ha ve let them crash into me. IT turns out that in the state of CA if you have an accident becaue of someone else and you do not collide then it is considered your fault for not maintaining control of your vehilce :shock: . I also discovered that my wife or members of my household are not covered for medical under those circumstances. I was really pissed off! My advice to y'all is to ensure that your policy provides coverage in the event of a non-collision accident. Typically you are covered by non-insured motorist in the event of a hit-and-run, but there MUST be a collisin for you to qualify.

To add insult to injury they are talking about putting up my insurance rates because they are saying it was my fault! The last thing I want is higher insurance on my evo. :x Don't worry, I'm fighting it!

__NiTe__
11-12-2003, 05:25 AM
Only once actually.... but you should've seen the look on that guys face when he saw that his car was wrecked cuz he merged right into me. But I was driving an old benz, so I got only a small scratch.

drmosh
11-12-2003, 09:50 AM
Only once actually.... but you should've seen the look on that guys face when he saw that his car was wrecked cuz he merged right into me. But I was driving an old benz, so I got only a small scratch.

Those old Benz are tanks!!! Literally!

:lol:

leaveit2bevo
11-12-2003, 11:53 AM
Yeah, it's difficult to think rationally about it when somthing like that happens, but in hindsight I should ha ve let them crash into me. IT turns out that in the state of CA if you have an accident becaue of someone else and you do not collide then it is considered your fault for not maintaining control of your vehilce :shock: . I also discovered that my wife or members of my household are not covered for medical under those circumstances. I was really pissed off! My advice to y'all is to ensure that your policy provides coverage in the event of a non-collision accident. Typically you are covered by non-insured motorist in the event of a hit-and-run, but there MUST be a collisin for you to qualify.

To add insult to injury they are talking about putting up my insurance rates because they are saying it was my fault! The last thing I want is higher insurance on my evo. :x Don't worry, I'm fighting it!

That sux dude, one more reason to find that wrx and introdunce him to your beat down stick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

1800-hustler
11-12-2003, 06:26 PM
hope ur wife is ok and get ur car fixed soon

perversity
11-12-2003, 07:06 PM
Thanks again for the kind words guys. My wife seems to be functioning normally again and I'm waiting for a 1/2 shaft b4 the car is back on the road. Hopefully soon. Definately b4 the next meet...

I have to admit that I am missing the car a lot at the moment as the rental I was given is a big truck (which sucks). Also I test drove an S2000 the other day and that was shabby too, just made me appreciate the evo more. Anyways absence makes the heart grow fonder.

perversity
11-20-2003, 09:22 PM
Should get my car back next week. Josh said that they've done a great job. I'm excited again, just like before I picked the car up new, you know? Anyways, I should have it for the next meet. Hoorah!!!

Ricardon
11-20-2003, 10:48 PM
Jesus, how bad was the damage? Sounds pretty severe! And yeah, I know exactly how you feel about not being able to drive the EVO. My 30 day suspension was hell, add to the fact that it was totally unwarranted you feel totally helpless. I guess if I was actually guilty or I had an accident that was my fault it'd be a little easier to swallow. Right now my car is at Borla getting the new header fitted. It's been there since Tuesday, they were kind enough to provide a loaner for me, but it still sux not being able to drive the secret roads whenever I feel like it. Hopefully I'll have it back tomorrow. We'll see. Glad your EVO is almost done!

perversity
11-21-2003, 03:24 PM
Now I'm bummed out :cry:

I thought I was going to get the car back next week, but it looks like the front suspension components also need to be replaced, which means ordering them, shipping them, dealing with Thanksgiving and all that.

So, hopefully I will see my car before the next meet, but now I am not so sure. Ho hum. At least I am saving money on gas I suppose? Or some other nice, perky positive thought to get me by. I may be asking someone for a ride to the next evo meet tho at this rate!

And Rich, thanks for the words, man.

leaveit2bevo
11-22-2003, 03:23 AM
Hey man if you need new suspension components get new coilovers.

Ricardon
11-22-2003, 03:44 AM
Hey man if you need new suspension components get new coilovers.

Seriously! It's funny how aftermarket performance upgrades are almost always cheaper than the OEM pieces they are made to improve!! My roomie is getting his ITR out of the shop tomorrow, finally, and he put a JDM front end with the HID's, new wheels and a bunch of other crap and the estimate came out WAAAAAAY less than with OE parts. Odd, no?

perversity
11-22-2003, 09:34 AM
Only one strut has to be replaced, so I don't think I can get away with a set of JICs. I plan to do that mod after xmas. I am having them put on the correctly manufactured Goodridge lines while they are at it tho.

It's all the light, soft aliminium stuff that needs to be replaced, like the control arms.

I am thinking that I will keep all my stock parts as I upgrade, so that I turn the car back to stock if I chose to sell it, and sell all the other parts on ebay and get some of my money back.

One less day without the evo...

perversity
12-03-2003, 10:53 PM
So I went to pick up the car from the body shop today.

I have 2 things to say.

1 Waste of my entire afternoon.
2 Grrrr

Hopefully, maybe before xmas, I will see my evo again.

leaveit2bevo
12-03-2003, 11:13 PM
Damn Tony what a burn, so im guessing your not going to make it to the meet?

GokuSSJ4
12-04-2003, 02:36 AM
sorry to hear about your accident , and im sure is sucks that the car is not ready in time :(

perversity
12-04-2003, 04:06 PM
NOTHING will stop me from making the meet. I may not be there Evelyn the Evo tho. In which case I will be the only guy there on a motorbike.

I got a call again today to say it would be ready, then another to say it wouldn't so hopefully tomorrow, but I am not holding my breath.

perversity
12-17-2003, 11:41 PM
So it's been a while since I saw my car. I took it back immediately after the meet to get the remaining problems taken care of, and now I am doing the "waiting for parts" thing. Hopefully, one day, I will see my car again!

GokuSSJ4
12-22-2003, 12:41 PM
so any updates on went you are getting your car back ???

perversity
12-22-2003, 04:13 PM
OK, so I got the car back, but I have been tentative about being excited until I hav a chance to drive it hard and make sure nothing is wrong. But I do have it back!

han74j
12-22-2003, 06:49 PM
hope ur wife is okay! and of course ur baby evo =0)

GokuSSJ4
12-22-2003, 07:40 PM
good to know , take some pics to see how it looks now ...

Coolguy949
12-22-2003, 09:06 PM
I saw it at HB. Put it side by side to a new evo and it looks identical. As far as appearance goes, they did a great job. Now it's time to see if it passes the driving and noises test.