PDA

View Full Version : Vishnu????

han74j
11-10-2003, 01:27 AM
hey sup everyone, after looking at everything i think vishnu offers a pretty good deal..... what do u guys think? and have anyone already got their stage 1 system, and how is it? is it worth it? please give fee back thx

SuPaNooK
11-10-2003, 04:22 AM
personally i think its pretty good for the price though i would like to see them post some dyno #'s and see some of the evo people who have this upgrade to post some of their comments as well as dyno numbers before i would consider purchasing this product
proof is all we need...

drmosh
11-10-2003, 07:33 AM
Vishnu is typically overpriced. He is too conservative, there's better bang for your buck most of the time.

Coolguy949
11-10-2003, 09:42 AM
You 'll want to as Adam (Mr. Bubbler on here) about it. He has their Xede piggyback with the new boost control system.

Rob

MrBubbler
11-10-2003, 03:05 PM
it is a great unit makes the evo pull hard to redline and pull very hard at faster speeds like 70+ . its a great overall package and well worth the money, the new one has options for the fmic water sprayer so you can set it to spray at cetrain rpm etc etc, plus vishy gave us the software to make our own maps! which he was originaly charging for! i sold me xede though = ( but i should have aem ems by tomorrow~!!! any other questions about xede let me know , almost forgot the 2 map option were you could switch maps with a switch was tight! i had the 91 octane map and a 100 octane map! so wene i wanted to go spend some $$ on 100 octane all i did was flip the switch and drive like a bat out hell!

xxfairenoughxx
11-10-2003, 03:56 PM
they did a review of the vishnu kits with maps i believe on evolutionm.net at the main page click the link that says project evo more power and they go through all this stuff on the vishnu stage 0 kit and since all you get extra with the stage one is the adjustable cams its worth looking at.

EvolOne
11-10-2003, 06:42 PM
it is a great unit makes the evo pull hard to redline and pull very hard at faster speeds like 70+ . its a great overall package and well worth the money, the new one has options for the fmic water sprayer so you can set it to spray at cetrain rpm etc etc, plus vishy gave us the software to make our own maps! which he was originaly charging for! i sold me xede though = ( but i should have aem ems by tomorrow~!!! any other questions about xede let me know , almost forgot the 2 map option were you could switch maps with a switch was tight! i had the 91 octane map and a 100 octane map! so wene i wanted to go spend some $$ on 100 octane all i did was flip the switch and drive like a bat out hell!

It's so interesting to hear different angles. Shiv Vishnu is known by my subie friends. They think he's overpriced -- course, anyone who does a great job is likely so.

Is there any data on Shiv's Evo results that is objective? Someone gets a Shiv Vishnu tune and goes to independent awdyno or 1/4 mile times and posts them...With no sneaky tricks to shift numbers?

r2

GokuSSJ4
12-02-2003, 10:43 PM
I wonder how the APS compares to the Xede .

Evoracer
12-06-2003, 01:46 AM
I like the Xede. For me it great to be able to switch maps for 91 and 93 octane(and a no-boost option for SCCA), or to be able to go back to stock easily. I would like to have vishnu dyno tune it to my mods. They said it's free if you buy it when they come down, or $100 if you already have one. All they need is ten people to sign up.

Rick

leaveit2bevo
12-06-2003, 11:41 AM
AVO just came out with a one touch piggy back.

GokuSSJ4
12-06-2003, 10:02 PM
are you sure is the AVO ?, I think is the APS

erioshi
01-06-2004, 10:15 AM
I've got a Vishnu Stage One set-up on my car, except for the cam gears. I figure I'll put in cam gears when I do my cams. :)

The kit ordered was the "standard" Turbo back, which replaces the stock O2 housing along with the rest of the exhaust. The exhaust is great! Was a bit of a pain to put in (had to move the radiator out of the way and shorten a stud on the turbo), but everything fit perfectly, lined up right and went together with out needing any "extra help". I understand the "signature" kit goes in even more easily. The Xede is a good unit - lots of adjustability, and I really like the dual map feature.

The combo has been in my car for about 6 months now and I've been pretty much trouble free. The car makes much better power and I haven't had any issues with reliability or driveability.