PDA

View Full Version : Where to get my suspension tuned?

IS2000
11-16-2003, 11:32 PM
I'm planning to get the Tein front camber plates installed for my Tein SS soon, so I'm just wondering if you guys know any suspension tuner shop around here? I don't think an average alignment shop can do this kind of adjustment, plus I also want to get my car corner-weighted as well.

Coolguy949
11-16-2003, 11:34 PM
Road Race will do it. So can TEIN themselves. I can ask them tomorrow what their pricing is.

IS2000
11-16-2003, 11:37 PM
Thanks, I'd be interested if I can get my coil-overs tuned by Tein themselves.

JWest
11-17-2003, 11:35 AM
Before you get the work done by Tein. Spend a little time riding in an EVO they've prepared and then in a car that RRE has prepared.

A car does NOT have to ride poorly to perform well!

JW

Ricardon
11-18-2003, 01:18 AM
I think I will be giving RRE a call very soon for my JIC's. I had heard great things about them in regards to suspension, then I drove an EVO with JIC's tuned by them at the racetrack, and instantly made up my mind!!

perversity
11-20-2003, 11:06 AM
If one was to get a set if JICs and install them one's self, where would one go to get them tuned afterwards? Would RRE do them? Is there another place that does the alignment and tuning?

IS2000
11-20-2003, 05:35 PM
Also does anyone know a good race alignment shop that can deal with the EVO suspension? I was told the front camber should be able to get down to -1.5 (the shop that did mine couldn't get more than -.75 up front).

drmosh
11-20-2003, 06:28 PM
Also does anyone know a good race alignment shop that can deal with the EVO suspension? I was told the front camber should be able to get down to -1.5 (the shop that did mine couldn't get more than -.75 up front).

According to the manual... the eccentric bolt can be set to -1 or -2 on the front.

blurr
11-20-2003, 08:27 PM
If one was to get a set if JICs and install them one's self, where would one go to get them tuned afterwards? Would RRE do them? Is there another place that does the alignment and tuning?

I am sure RRE would tune them after the fact. You would probably have to pay the $70 for the Alternate spring rates that RRE suggests running. If you buy the JIC's from RRE they will sell them to you with thier suggested spring rates.

E-mail John Mueller [email protected] and ask him what he thinks.

Ricardon
11-20-2003, 08:53 PM
I did my alignment before going to the track last tuesday. Mine is set to maximum negative all around. -1.8 is max for the front, and -2 is max for rear.

IS2000
11-22-2003, 08:21 PM
I did my alignment before going to the track last tuesday. Mine is set to maximum negative all around. -1.8 is max for the front, and -2 is max for rear.

Where did you get your car aligned?

Ricardon
11-22-2003, 11:34 PM
Davis Brother's tire in Culver City. Right down the street from Brainstorm. It's not a race shop, but they do good alignment work.

JWest
11-23-2003, 03:06 PM
First, RRE likes to sell the parts that it stocks.
After that it likes to set said parts, to achieve each drivers goals. JIC springs and hardware aren't cheap, make sure you add-up all the costs before you spend your hard earned cash.

Second, sure there are other shops that can slap JICs on your EVO, but do they have the correct springs? What testing have they done on EVOs and similiar patforms? Are they and CAN they set them for YOUR particular needs? the list goes on...

The things that make JICs so MAGICal, are that they are a monotube design (larger valve area & increased stiffness) and that they are EXTREMELY adjustable. BUT, the range of usefull adjustment is relativily small. Set them incorrectly and your EVO will at best ride & handle poorly (as reported by some on this list), at worst the dampers & EVO can be damaged or the EVO can become uncontrolable and dangerous to drive.

Please contact John at RRE and add up all the costs prior to spending your hard earned money on parts for your EVO.

Joshua West

Ricardon
11-23-2003, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the info!

IS2000
11-27-2003, 01:17 PM
I just called Tein, and they'll be tuning my suspension. The price I got was $75/ for each coilover... so $300 for all.