PDA

View Full Version : G35 Coupe 6-speed?

Chris in SD
12-12-2003, 05:25 PM
Hmmm, so I was bored here in Cali (imagine that) and I stopped by the local Infiniti dealer and asked about the G35 coupe. Well, long story short, I liked it A LOT, and ran some numbers by him. I seriously considering ordering a 2004 6-speed coupe in Diamond Graphite (dark silver) with black leather, no nav, aero kit, brembos, etc. I would cost me about $540/mo on lease. BTW, that lease would run me to 2007... just in time to trade it in for a new Skyline GT-R. What do you guys think? Should I take the leap (esp. since I am done modding the Evo)?

No flaming - just constructive thoughts please.

Chris

ReHeat
12-12-2003, 05:29 PM
You mean keeping the Evo and lease the G35? Man, if I have the money I would do it, use the G35 as a daily driver and Evo as my weekend car. The G35 coupe is one nice car, I've considered getting it before I got the Evo.

Chris in SD
12-12-2003, 05:30 PM
I would be keeping the Evo. The G35 Coupe would be #2. I can afford it, just no more mods for the Evo.

ErroR
12-12-2003, 06:15 PM
Chris, where the hell were you on Sunday?

Chris in SD
12-12-2003, 06:27 PM
I got delayed big time - sucks...

drmosh
12-12-2003, 06:55 PM
The G35 coupe is really nice and bling bling, but interestingly enough, the G35 sedan with 6MT weighs 100 lbs less, corners better, and stops 10 feet sooner than the coupe. Just random facts you should know...

Chris in SD
12-12-2003, 08:23 PM
I don't need another race car - that's what the Evo is for. The G35 is my speedy cruiser... if I get it. Where's Rich for input? I know he'll have some monkey-assed comments.

leaveit2bevo
12-13-2003, 01:37 AM
I think the Evo is a perfect daily driver and I drive LA traffic everyday, the g35 is a nice car I think the only advantage is that it should get more pussy than the evo, cause all the bitches no what it is and have never heard of an evo.

ErroR
12-13-2003, 05:16 AM
Now I am not sure is this is normal but since I work next to most of the auto manufacturers headquarters, I saw a G35 coupe with manufacturer plates. Only thing is this one had the cool Midnight Purple paint that changes from blue to purple in the sun the same paint that was used in limited quantities on the R33 and R34. You should get that one.

rizalhoo
12-13-2003, 05:42 AM
i dont know about g35 but if i were you id go with rx8, i considered rx8 before i went with evo anyhow test drive it and dude that thing has the smoothest clutch ive ever tried, i tried a 97 porche carrera once and they feel the same! there no laggin n stuff! they are :jawdrop:

plus space in the backseat is surprisingly LARGE n enough space for people to sit and actually enjoy the car...well thats my opinion...sorry if i went out of topic though....but yeah i believe g35 is awesome too! aint that a skyline R35 :worthy:

anyhow still evo the best !!! :d :peewee: :buds:

EvolOne
12-13-2003, 09:57 AM
i dont know about g35 but if i were you id go with rx8, i considered rx8 before i went with evo anyhow test drive it and dude that thing has the smoothest clutch ive ever tried, i tried a 97 porche carrera once and they feel the same! there no laggin n stuff! they are :jawdrop:

plus space in the backseat is surprisingly LARGE n enough space for people to sit and actually enjoy the car...well thats my opinion...sorry if i went out of topic though....but yeah i believe g35 is awesome too! aint that a skyline R35 :worthy:

anyhow still evo the best !!! :d :peewee: :buds:
Just testdrove Rx-8, too. Agree. Nice handling, nice shifting car. Once moving, not bad. Back seat cool. R2

leaveit2bevo
12-13-2003, 11:53 AM
The RX-8 looks cool until I sat inside itside one and it felt like sitting in a box, the windows are mad small and if I were clostrophobic I would have spazed out. Plus the car is slow as f*ck.

rizalhoo
12-13-2003, 02:50 PM
LOL............

well i thought they are pretty fast though :D

anyhow as i said glad i chose evo :skid:

Ricardon
12-13-2003, 02:59 PM
I've actually been lucky enough to drive an RX-8 at streets of willow...didn't like it much. Maybe it was because I was used to the EVO, and didn't have an open mind when I was driving it. Cool car, but I thought it was lacking, at least out of the box anyway. The G35 on the other hand I have not yet even sat in. Personally I think it's one of the more beautiful cars on the road. Strange too because I think that the sedan is hideous looking. The coupe is F@cking gorgeous, IMO. I know the numbers are well above decent as far as performance, and I'm sure the car is VERY comfortable to drive. I say again, I love the way the car looks! I think it would be a Great "other car". For me, it would be a third car though. I think I'd have to get something more practical for my application if I was to get a car other than the EVO. I would have to go with a medium sized suv or a large truck so that I could tow the EVO to the track, or move stuff around. My ideal garage: EVO (caged, gutted, off-road only), Skyline (modded enough to be fun, but still highly streetable), and a Yukon/Tahoe (maybe even an SRT-10 Ram) to tow the EVO to the track. I know plans change, but I NEVER plan on selling the EVO. I'll be the guy in 20 years that has the "vintage" EVO at the racetrack hehehe.

drmosh
12-13-2003, 06:11 PM
RX-8 is a DOG, my Camry is faster!!

xxfairenoughxx
12-14-2003, 03:01 PM
My brother has a G35 and he left me drive it. It's way fun and it's auto (because my brother is a pussy). I would say if you could afford it go for it you totally wont be disspointed its got nice pick up and isn't nearly as rough when you drive it. Just no more gunning it on the corners or that back end will get real loose.

IS2000
12-17-2003, 07:56 PM
Drove both RX-8 and the G35.... surprisingly, I preferred the RX over the G . The car was much slower, but it was more fun too drive.

Guru_Del
12-18-2003, 10:54 AM
nice car and with a stillen supercharger you will be cruising in style chris heheheh