PDA

View Full Version : best place to go for dyno time

AD_LIB
12-12-2003, 09:50 PM
I just purchased a HKS downpipe and exhaust and a turbo XS boost controller. I wanna get a baseline dyno and then get my stuff installed and get a reading with my mods. Can anyone suggest the best place to head to for install and dyno time ? I called XS engineering and they were like 200/hr...which seems kinda pricey but then again i dont know how many places have an AWD dyno either. I live in Marina Del Rey and would prefer not to drive tooo far but less than an hour is reasonable.

thanks

BA

ErroR
12-12-2003, 09:54 PM
AWD dynos are hard to come by and the pricing is usually about the same.

GokuSSJ4
12-12-2003, 10:13 PM
check with Brainstorm to see how much they charge (at the moment there dyno is down do to moving in to a new place ) but should be up and running in no time.
310-815-9525

Chris in SD
12-12-2003, 10:48 PM
You could try XS Engineering in Huntington Beach, too.

AD_LIB
12-13-2003, 02:43 AM
ya i called them already, they were the first and only place i got in contact with so far...wasnt sure who else to call, they were very knowledgeable and helpful. I will prolly just take it on the chin and go with them.

leaveit2bevo
12-13-2003, 12:04 PM
I just purchased a HKS downpipe and exhaust and a turbo XS boost controller. I wanna get a baseline dyno and then get my stuff installed and get a reading with my mods. Can anyone suggest the best place to head to for install and dyno time ? I called XS engineering and they were like 200/hr...which seems kinda pricey but then again i dont know how many places have an AWD dyno either. I live in Marina Del Rey and would prefer not to drive tooo far but less than an hour is reasonable.

thanks

BA

Hey dude I saw you in MDR the other night I honked but you didnt see me I have a white evo Im there like every day because I live so close. Brainstorm is deff a good place to go but I think Roshon is still moving into his new shop.

ItsStockOfficer
12-13-2003, 12:44 PM
There is one in San Diego at Pann Auto. Its a Dynamic Dyno.

Sean

Ricardon
12-13-2003, 03:18 PM
Brainstorm is VERY close to where you live now AD_LIB. As others have said, he's still in the process of dropping the dyno in, construction permits, and building inspectors are a total haze! Anyway, I know there are a couple in the area, obviuosly the ones mentioned here. I think HKS' dyno is not public so scratch that one. Injen has one too, so I hear, but I suspect that it's in-house only like HKS'.

MrBubbler
12-13-2003, 04:32 PM
well it looks like roshons dyno is in but i dunno if it is completley set up yet... i get my car back monday so ill let yall know how i like the cusco twin carbon disk clutch = )

GokuSSJ4
12-13-2003, 10:57 PM
last time i check with them , they are still in process of getting the permits and moving the dyno from the old location to the new one . Give them a call and see by when he has his ready .

AD_LIB
12-16-2003, 02:02 AM
Right on thats cool as hell I will call tommorow, I just got my exhaust downpipe and boost controller today, Defi guages will be here tommorow...Merry X-mas to me :) Leavit, sorry I didnt see you I have been workin crazy hours...so i am like completely spaced sometimes. I hope I catch you around the hood though ;) I really want to get to a meet or somthing and hook up with all you cats...work has been bustin my balls lately though. Anyway I will give brainstorm a call tomorrow and see what the skinny is, I am excited to get my stuff installed and get dynoed. I will post my dyno results once I get them. I am curious what the hks downpipe and hiper will gain if anything.

AD_LIB
12-16-2003, 02:05 AM
Oh does anyone know what the deal is with Injen? are they still trying to make an intake for the EVO? Is there an ETA on that or...ahh...ya...something...anything?