PDA

View Full Version : If i were to buy some parts?

ek9jdmhb
12-21-2003, 01:43 AM
I was wondering if there was anyone here willing to help install some parts when I get them. Right now I plan on getting a boost gauge, boost controller, and exhaust.

bcmind
12-21-2003, 04:24 AM
I was wondering if there was anyone here willing to help install some parts when I get them. Right now I plan on getting a boost gauge, boost controller, and exhaust.

thinking mods already? is it a good idea to mod before break-in period? just wondering... :roll:

leaveit2bevo
12-21-2003, 12:11 PM
boost controller is kind of a pointless mod with the stock turbo. Might as well just get a reflash and intake and exhaust.

GokuSSJ4
12-22-2003, 10:00 AM
how about cams ?? I can't wait for the 264/264 and FMIC , gauges are a most !! im just waiting for some answers to see if they can get the kit that goes on the dash with 52mm gauges in place ...

leaveit2bevo
12-22-2003, 12:07 PM
how about cams ?? I can't wait for the 264/264 and FMIC , gauges are a most !! im just waiting for some answers to see if they can get the kit that goes on the dash with 52mm gauges in place ...

264 arent that more aggresive than stock, I think stock is like 240-250 or something like that. If you want the most get 272 which are totally street drivable if tuned properlly.

GokuSSJ4
12-22-2003, 12:19 PM
have you seen the ones that Works makes there 269/269 . I think that would be a great combo . The only thing that i dont like about Works is that they make there product to work with there own things only ..
Which i have a full 3' turbo back . So i dont know what they may say about the gains about that . Im sure the cams 269/269 with the P2 brainflash would be good for a 50whp gain .. That with a FMIC buy BR with the lower ICP can get me near 320whp i hope lol ...

ItsStockOfficer
12-22-2003, 02:47 PM
yeah, ask them who makes the blanks for the cams...for some reason I think its Engine Power Components....and if it is, run the fuck away.

ek9jdmhb
12-23-2003, 03:53 AM
I didnt think anyone responded because Im not getting emails. I checked my profile, and I am suppose to get an email response. anyways, I think for now Im going to get an intake and exhaust. The only thing I am really worried about is the boost guage and anything else that has to do with wires

GokuSSJ4
12-23-2003, 07:21 PM
so you think there cam blanks are not even worth it . hmm !! also i know that they havent been around much since they just came out . Compare to HKS that they been here for a while .. If that is so i dont want to be the experiment on running this cams and then having the cams break :shock:

ItsStockOfficer
12-23-2003, 08:46 PM
The blanks go flat. Its fucking nasty. HKS cam blanks are very strong/hard.

ek9jdmhb
12-29-2003, 03:30 PM
just ordered my exhaust (rs-r gt2) and I am going to install it on friday. I am also getting a boost gauge within the next 2 weeks :D

Coolguy949
12-29-2003, 04:12 PM
boost controller is kind of a pointless mod with the stock turbo. Might as well just get a reflash and intake and exhaust.

I agree for the most part. A boost controller is pointless because you dont really get your moneys worth if you're still on the stock 560CC injectors. At stock boost levels, the injectors are already on 90 - 95% duty. And with 91 octane we're really screwed. Turn it up past 20 and you'll be fuel cutting in 4th and 5th gear between 3K and 5K RPM. I'm planning on going with some 660CC injectors or maybe even 680 or 720 depending if I upgrade the turbo or not. Personally I dont like reflashes because you cant just pull it out if you're having problems (like me now :roll: ), I'll be doing the DIZM style SAFC2 tuning or AEM EMS if I feel like mario andretti.

GokuSSJ4
12-30-2003, 12:33 AM
RMR offers a reflash which is an option , if not the Xede or the APS would be a better choice IMO instead of a MBC unit .
At least on my case i plan to run 264/272 hks cams and upgrade the ecu ( is a most 19psi to red line :) )
with a nice FMIC also
this is the kit that im getting
Omori 3 Gauge Package with Factory Refit Kit..........$695.00*
This package includes 3 52mm Omori gauges, Mitsubishi CD player refit kit as well as an Omori 3 gauge cluster.

which the gauges would be boost (reads to 25psi) egt and oil psi .
here is what it looks like from Vinshu
http://www.vishnutuning.com/images/evo/guages.jpg