PDA

View Full Version : FULL TITANIUM HKS HI POWER EXHAUST

howiEVO8
12-27-2003, 05:44 PM
Well this is HKS's top of the line exhaust (better than the HKS Ti-Carbon)

but, I think retail is like $1,800 lolz...

is it worth it? I was thinking with goin' with the FULL Titanium JIC, which
I was told weighed 8lbs... :o

oh yeah i think my friend said the FULL Ti Jic (not just muffler) was around a $1G or less, retail is like $1400 or something like that...

GokuSSJ4
12-28-2003, 12:58 AM
does the weight mean that much ??
you should look in to the Buschur racing exhaust that theyhave . a full turbo back with a highflow cat you are able to get for 950.00 and im sure talking to David you can get free shipping or something very low .
His exhaust system is one of the lightest on the market and also you have great hp figures ...

han74j
12-28-2003, 06:03 AM
proformance should be the first thing to think about!!!! weight will get u 0.01 seconds on the track =0)

howiEVO8
12-28-2003, 12:56 PM
what's unsprung weight ? and won't that help? hehe

ItsStockOfficer
12-28-2003, 01:49 PM
well, in terms of acceleration, 100 lb's is nominally considered to be 1 tenth of a second, so getting a system that weighs 8lbs over one that weighs 15 is, in theory, a solid 7 lbs savings. ALTHOUGH Ihave seen 75 lbs being closer to 1/10...

0.07 in the qaurter. For 1400 dollars. Cost Vs. benefit. But the odds are any aftermarket fabricator shops exhaust will flow better. And that makes up more then the difference.

For the same price as that you could prolly get a buschur system AND sparco race seats, which would save you about 40 lb's....or a big ass intercooler....or fuel control...Or light weight rims, and save 4-6 lb's per corner of rotating mass which is more then twice as important.

IE, FUCK the titanium.

Wannaevo
12-28-2003, 03:41 PM
for me, i don't really care how much it costs or how many lbs are saved, all i care about is the fact that it says HKS on it, and that amazingly good exhaust note.

perversity
12-28-2003, 04:17 PM
IMO the muffler is the heavy part, not the piping. 3" piping will be about the same weight no matter what the material, because there is so little of it. Flow and routing is far more important. To judge the benefits it is easier to see a dyno sheet of a car with the stock muffler vs a car with the muffler you are considering. Compare that to a few other of the manufacturers and see if you like the gain in hp vs the cost. I tried to find HKS dyno sheets and even wrote to HKS. As they would not provide me with any information I chose another manufacturer.

Good luck....

drmosh
12-28-2003, 08:49 PM
for me, i don't really care how much it costs or how many lbs are saved, all i care about is the fact that it says HKS on it, and that amazingly good exhaust note.

Hmm... what do you own?? So you don't care about performance right, yer just a name monger?

ItsStockOfficer
12-29-2003, 12:02 AM

And thats why you'll never own a 10 or 11 second car, but will instead own a 13 second car that runs like crap. HKS also makes the FCD, if you feel like blowing your fucking pile up with HKS crap. Oh, and they also make, what might be, the world worst filters...and you have to spend 1800 dollars for a cat back that probably flows less then something 1/5 the cost...

and it doesn't sound any better, if ypou think it does, you haven't spent much time around turbo cars.

Now STFU.

howiEVO8
12-29-2003, 07:32 AM
hmm....dangs, i think i just might go with the JIC Magic then...or maybe the AVO...*sigh*

moogle
12-29-2003, 11:59 AM
dam thats 2x of my monthly payment. I go with buschur and still pay my monthly bill.

Coolguy949
12-29-2003, 12:20 PM

While I agree that HKS exhausts are one of the best sounding systems for turbo cars, I don't think being brand loyal with HKS on the evo is very rewarding. Either their stuff doesnt work right on the evo or it's not as good as it should be. I'm selling it all and going with other companies like GReddy, Road Race, etc. I'm going back to my DSM roots for tuning. Sorry if I sound disgruntled but this has been a terrible month for me with the evo. I'm going back to square one.

EvolOne
12-29-2003, 08:48 PM

While I agree that HKS exhausts are one of the best sounding systems for turbo cars, I don't think being brand loyal with HKS on the evo is very rewarding. Either their stuff doesnt work right on the evo or it's not as good as it should be. I'm selling it all and going with other companies like GReddy, Road Race, etc. I'm going back to my DSM roots for tuning. Sorry if I sound disgruntled but this has been a terrible month for me with the evo. I'm going back to square one.

Don't want to pry too much about your Evo woes, but can you summarize your HKS (I keep thinking H&K; you can tell what I'm thinking...), Rob2

GokuSSJ4
12-30-2003, 12:26 AM
i like hks cams and exhaust , they make good power and reliable. Im sure there othere companies that also make top quality . Went it comes to performance products you always need to do your research to what works , not just the name. I choose the HKS muffler that i have over the BR do to sound . If in Cali sound wouldnt be a big deal then BR all the way , since they make great products that have been proven to make hp on the dyno . But there other things that i will run in my car that wont be HKS .