PDA

View Full Version : Redline fluids near Pasadena?

idjeff
12-28-2003, 01:27 PM
I'm coming up on 6000 miles and am about to replace my fluids. Does anyone know where I can pick up Redline fluids near/in Pasadena. And while I'm at it, does anyone have a "shopping list" of the fluids I will need to replace along with their respective weights and what not? Thanks

perversity
12-28-2003, 04:21 PM
I don't know anywhere off hand, but I found that I can get a better price for fluids on the internet with shipping (no tax for out of state) than locally. Failing that I am sure Stillen has them.

Your local mitsu dealer should have trained evo techs that can answer your question about weights of fluids. Ask them and if they can't let us know, so we don't go there to get our fluids changed!!!

EVO8GSR
12-28-2003, 08:45 PM
i got my redline fluids from road race in santa fe springs probably about a half hour from where you are.

vroomevo
12-29-2003, 01:24 AM
I'm coming up on 6000 miles and am about to replace my fluids. Does anyone know where I can pick up Redline fluids near/in Pasadena. And while I'm at it, does anyone have a "shopping list" of the fluids I will need to replace along with their respective weights and what not? Thanks

what fluid are you planning to change? i have 7000miles on the car and only done a couple of oil changes.
what are the fluids that i need to change??
i wasn't driving harsh. mild driving. shift 2500-3000rpm. no launching. 70mph on freeway.

ReHeat
12-29-2003, 02:24 AM
Napa auto parts carries Redline fluids, there might be one around Pasadena.

howiEVO8
12-29-2003, 07:42 AM
the water wetter works pretty good from redline...although i can't tell the difference lolz...ummm...but for $6.50, its kinda cool just knowing that its in there o.O

drmosh
12-29-2003, 12:28 PM
Well, I've been contemplating swapping out all the transfer case fluids, tranny fluids, diff fluids, etc...

I'm thinking Royal Purple or Redline... does anyone else experience with these?

Or are there any other recommendations?

ReHeat
12-29-2003, 04:53 PM
Well, I've been contemplating swapping out all the transfer case fluids, tranny fluids, diff fluids, etc...

I'm thinking Royal Purple or Redline... does anyone else experience with these?

Or are there any other recommendations?

I've gotten the fluids changed to Redline at 15K miles. The most noticeable difference is the 3K rpm decel noise is a lot less than before. No complains so far.

idjeff
12-30-2003, 03:17 AM

what fluid are you planning to change? i have 7000miles on the car and only done a couple of oil changes.
what are the fluids that i need to change??
i wasn't driving harsh. mild driving. shift 2500-3000rpm. no launching. 70mph on freeway.

Well, I thought you were supposed to change the fluids that deal with your drivetrain every 6k miles...am I wrong? I guess I'll break out the manual tomorrow and take a look.

howiEVO8
12-30-2003, 03:43 AM
royal purple is better :)

mprtklr
01-03-2004, 10:58 PM
redline is better : :D

they are the same, personally i have the redline, and i like i t

summitracing.com around 6 a quart

howiEVO8
01-04-2004, 12:40 PM
hmmm...not sure actually i've tried redline before but the guys at this one local shop are a huge redline distributor and they say that royal purple is better...but then again, maybe they're just saying that to promote RP Lubibricants....or maybe their profit margins are higher...bah...its hard to trust sales men nowadays...

mprtklr
01-04-2004, 02:22 PM
ya its personal preference, the guy that did my flush was trying to get me to ditch the redline for GM brand synthetic fluids... i told him to take a long walk off a short pier

howiEVO8
01-04-2004, 03:32 PM
LMAO....tell him you'll provide the anchor too! o.O

mprtklr
01-04-2004, 07:16 PM
i tried to keep a straight face as he was blabbing on about boiling points and how the GM fluids are more "wetter" and crap like that. i was basically nodding on que and just said "so are you done with my car yet?" and all the while he was putting the fluids in he was saying "the gm fluid i guarantee is better than this walmart stuff"

after that comment i ignored him....shaking my head..

erioshi
01-06-2004, 10:02 AM
I've been using Redline in the diffs (MT 90 with the LSDiff friction modifier) and Mobile One gear oil in the tranny. The combo feels better than stock. I've put over 12K on my car using Mobile One gear oil, but the Redline has only been in for about 2k.

I skipped using Redline in the tranny after reading the fine print; MT 75-90 doesn't look to be Evo tranny-friendly.

ReHeat
01-06-2004, 12:00 PM
The MT-90 is meant for the transmission, and the 75W90 is for the front transfer case and rear differential. Make sure not to mix them up, or the tech that does your oil change doesn't mix them up.

erioshi
01-06-2004, 07:45 PM
D'oh! You got me - I had to go out into the garage and re-check.

I used Red Line 75W90 in the diffs. I was going to try MT-90 in the tranny, but ended up using Mobile One gear oil again. I may have to try the MT-90 when I change tranny fluid again.

mprtklr
01-08-2004, 03:46 PM
the mt90 has the LSD addiditive in it already, more additive will make the fluid stickier causing your LSD to lock prematurely, and theres nothing worse on a first date than premature locking LSD's :) :)

Xetronic_Evo_VIII
03-23-2006, 12:29 PM
sorry to bring back a old thread to life...i just hit 10k miles and want to change all my fluids....i found this redline package pack...is this everything i need to change my fluids?? i plan to do everything myself....

https://www.optionsauto.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RED-90216

C-Spec
03-23-2006, 12:42 PM
sorry to bring back a old thread to life...i just hit 10k miles and want to change all my fluids....i found this redline package pack...is this everything i need to change my fluids?? i plan to do everything myself....

https://www.optionsauto.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RED-90216

BG synchroshift your the tranny 3 bottles. Diaqueen LSD for fornt and rear diff

trinydex
03-23-2006, 12:49 PM
i would recommend this. bg synchroshift in the tranny, three bottles as already said.

redline shockproof in the tcase half bottle is all you'll need

redline shockproof with the friction modifyer for the clutch type diff in the rear. DO NOT BUY FROM A PLACE THAT DOES NOT KNOW THAT FRICTION MODIFYER MUST MUST MUST GO IN THE CLUTCH TYPE! with that said... go to roadrace and they'll set you up with the right spec fluids and then go ahead and do yourself a favor and MARKING THE BOTTLES cuz YOU WILL FORGET!

if anything... at least ask them the precise spec for the fluids nad source them wherever you can.

you need some other stuff... mainly a gear oil pump, if you have an old pump type shampoo bottle or something and some hoses that will work just fine. otherwise head over to pep boys nad spend less than 10 bucks on one.

personally i hate pumping the tranny fluid so get yoruself a long twisty funnel so you can drop the fluid in from the top of hte engine bay and not have to spend a half hour and a lotta masturbating on the pump.

Xetronic_Evo_VIII
03-23-2006, 01:02 PM
thanks for the input guys! i've been searching and reading....i better go with something that been used and proven... BG synchroshift for the tranny and the Diaqueen LSD for front and rear diff it is! I have a funnel w/ a long tube already, that should do the trick! Thanks again for your input!

outlaw heart
04-11-2006, 04:36 PM
autolink motorworks (about 10 minutes from pasadena)

redline and motul fluids in stock

4961 santa anita blvd.
temple city, 91780

626-279-7122

dEVOwhipit
04-17-2006, 12:03 AM
BG synchroshift your the tranny 3 bottles. Diaqueen LSD for fornt and rear diff

wheres the best place to buy this stuff? thanks

KRS333
04-17-2006, 07:05 AM
I believe Autolink in Santa Anita sells Reline products.