PDA

View Full Version : CaliEVO.net

howiEVO8
12-29-2003, 07:54 AM
I think the two sites should be combined...call it CaliEVO.net...or something...cuz not like there's that many EVO's to begin with!!
We gotta stick together Jeeebus...o.O

Coolguy949
12-29-2003, 08:26 AM
We've been thinking of that.....

we own westcoastevo.com and evowest.com

ErroR
12-29-2003, 08:51 AM
Would be cool as long as there was also a seperate area for North and South within the site itself.

evo_dadi
12-29-2003, 01:38 PM
westcoast evo sounds good,hey howievo8 whereabouts are u in sj coz we just had a meet in gilroy couple of weeks ago. just keep on checking the meets in norcal im always setting up meets at different locations.

CACalomino
12-29-2003, 04:15 PM
na lets keep it a tight family that way we dont have to figure out who is norcal and who is socal and tehn figure out what meets are norcal and what arre socal.

Coolguy949
12-29-2003, 04:20 PM
As of right now there are 5 staff members running SoCalEvo and 3 running NorCalEvo. The club is growing so fast even 5 people on socalevo isnt enough sometimes. We have so many plans and so little time. Dont worry, 2004 will be big for these clubs.

GokuSSJ4
12-30-2003, 12:02 AM
thats good to know that we are becoming a big community

howiEVO8
12-30-2003, 03:35 AM
nah i meant like there should be subsections...

norcal and socal on the same site, that way we'd be tighter
as a whole (not hole) lolz o.O

doesn't sound right either way O.o

perversity
12-30-2003, 10:28 AM
Would be cool as long as there was also a seperate area for North and South within the site itself.

I agree with Error here. If we had a combined site for most of the forums and then seperate areas for the two regions it would give us a bigger pool of resources.

combined login for both areas would be a MUST.

However, I don't want this site to get too big and pout of hand, like evolutionm is, because then it would be no fun. also, if the number of posts increased too much it would be a real pain in the ass to keep up with everything. my 2c

Coolguy949
12-30-2003, 10:34 AM
Dino and I are working on this as we speak. I think we're moving to an evowest.com platform, but keeping the clubs totally seperate still. The problem with having the same logins for both sites is that the cookies need the same domain, so, if we did socalevo.evowest.com and norcalevo.evowest.com then we could have the same login table for both sites and the post counts would be preserved too. We would make it easier to switch over to NorCalEvo from SoCalEvo by just clicking a link. And to keep it looking like it is now, we will incorporate different themes to the site depending on what club you join when you register.

It's a lot of work but we're hoping we could have the work done in the next 6 months.

Rob

howiEVO8
12-31-2003, 04:14 AM
:)

Anonymous
01-09-2004, 03:45 PM
if you say "westcoastevo" you would have to combine oregon and washinton states also, calievo.net is prolly the best cuz its simple and people would recognize it, its best to make our clubs for show and tell, we should have the people with fixed up cars in a lil mini group for car shows to set an example for the calievo groups. For the people who run on stock should divide into city groups, like the LA convoy for example should have mini group names...so that you know each other from ur own city, not like all over california....i dunno just a thought?

for example: L.A.evolutions is sick for the LA residents, somthin creative, cuz socalevo doesnt seem right??
Hopefully this gives you guys some ideas for this year.
If you take a look at http://www.showoffcafe.com/ they are having a car show in LA on the 25th, basicly the LA convoy should be going to that, not others from S.D. or whereever, and like us being in LA should have a team name, as a team we show off our cars, ones who are fixed up or whatever that could show that we are a big group in California!

We want other teams such as High-Intenzity or Hybrid to know us....many other teams too, we aren't a racing group, but we need to be well known in California, instead of driving down the street and half the ricers say, "ohh, thats just an evo, no biggie" instead we need to get peoples attention, socalevo is just a group of evo owners :(..we need to be more competative! peace all!

Howie
01-09-2004, 05:52 PM

I agree with Error here. If we had a combined site for most of the forums and then seperate areas for the two regions it would give us a bigger pool of resources.

combined login for both areas would be a MUST.

However, I don't want this site to get too big and pout of hand, like evolutionm is, because then it would be no fun. also, if the number of posts increased too much it would be a real pain in the ass to keep up with everything. my 2c

I agree. There are too many posts on evoM for me to keep track of. But it is a great place for resources and info.

han74j
01-09-2004, 11:25 PM
i think its better to be bigger than smaller. N. cal or S cal evo is coo but it seem smaller. but if u have westcoastevo.com, evowest.com, or calievo.com it just seems to be way bigger than just socalevo or norcalevo. if you want this organization to be bigger you have to think big.

Anonymous
01-09-2004, 11:43 PM
I just typed like a long ass post trying to explain what we should do as a whole group! but eventually i hope the admin understand that having an idea like mine is difficult, but if us as evo owners devote ourselve to becoming big, we must as cities develop reputation and creating on-the-side Teams under the calievo.net, for example L.A.evolutions; S.D.evolutions, S.F.evolutions..etc....im saying we must make these small teams up for helping each other out in competing in car shows etc, having these small teams get us owners to know the people closest in the area like really close friends, and doing so would open up doors for people like me as an evo owner who is tryin to start up my car and turning it into the best show car in the world, (hopefully in the next few years or so)

but neways we all want to meet new people, i want to meet people who are cool, who would hook you up with other people in the industry, people who can help you get through fixing up your car etc.. but i guess thats how i feel, newayz think about what i say, maybe you think its BS but im not fake, peace all!

ErroR
01-10-2004, 07:30 AM
:)

WTF is that. That is exactly the type or random response not needed here.