PDA

View Full Version : SoCal dealerships, who's lenient w/ warranty and who isn't?

alex_alex
12-29-2003, 01:58 PM
Im not sure if this has been done already, but i was hoping to start an aggregate thread of people posting their dealership experiences along with their level of mods, broken down into different categories so everyone can get a rough prediction for what will and won't void warranties at certain places with certain service people. I understand that this isn't a perfect science, but anything will help.

1) what mods
2) which dealership
3) which service person
4) warranty voided or not

This way, people can come on here and check out and possible predict what would happen to them at certain dealerships for lets say, only having a turboback exhaust, and what person to speak to and such. I hope this works out.

alex_alex
12-29-2003, 02:01 PM
Eventually, if this thread gets large enough, and we have a good sample of diverse independant variables, i will draw up a chart, in matrix form, to give a general impression of what might happen at certain dealerships with certain mods.

If we get an EXTRODINARY number of input posts, the chart can also be statistically analyzed in terms of what are the chances that even dealerships that generally honor certain warranty claims may not honor particular claims.

Anyhow, input away.

mr. evo
12-30-2003, 09:07 AM
DONT WORRY ABOUT MAKING A CHART... JUST CALL ME, JOSH AT HB

Chris in SD
12-30-2003, 06:17 PM
DONT WORRY ABOUT MAKING A CHART... JUST CALL ME, JOSH AT HB

Josh - glad to see you made it here. Josh @ HB Mitsu is the bomb - he used to hook me up before I moved to Virginia. Damn, bro, I wish I was back in HB...

perversity
12-31-2003, 01:40 AM
I can attest to the fac that Josh at HB Mitsu will sort you out. Don't be unreasonable tho. If you fried you clutch doing 1/4 miles don't expect it to be replaced under warranty!

alex_alex
01-01-2004, 03:43 AM
haha thanks josh. i heard that you're like the only one that we can go to so far...i appreciate the input

drmosh
01-01-2004, 01:08 PM
Josh from HB is the MAN!! Thanks for the tires man!!

GokuSSJ4
01-01-2004, 02:02 PM
so for any warranty work you can take care of us Josh ? thanks ..

o00o
01-01-2004, 04:40 PM
cool, i might start going down there when i get my heavy mods on next week!

alex_alex
01-05-2004, 12:17 AM
Josh from HB is the MAN!! Thanks for the tires man!!

what happened with your tires?

GokuSSJ4
01-05-2004, 12:36 AM
im sure they went bald , since the life thread on the yoko dont last long ..

WOT
01-05-2004, 09:48 AM
Thousand Oaks service manger told me "Any modification will void your warranty"

Make the drive down to HB!

Coolguy949
01-05-2004, 10:10 AM
What an ignorant statement. Your warranty cant be voided legally!! I hate some of the nonsense these service managers like to spit out. They can only decline to service a part that has been modified for logical reasons.....it's not their part anymore! And if your part clearly broke something, then it should be your responsibility to fix that. That's why everyone in here needs to go to HB mitsu, they agree with what I just said.

WOT
01-05-2004, 10:24 AM
Yeah, I cant believe the crap that was spewing out of his mouth @ the time. I took my car in there for a boost problem that I am having. although the mileage is that much further, the commute time in the morning would be horrible as I live & work in valencia. Thats why I took it to thousand oaks. This is also where I bought it too. Yeah, that service manager seemed like a tight ass as well. if they dont fix my problem, then i'll be going down to HB. the car is 100% stock

Coolguy949
01-05-2004, 10:28 AM
When I was at Tuttle-Click Mitsu in Irvine they were giving me a hard time about my turbo timer. At the time I had a cat-back only and he told me anything more and he wouldnt even look at my car. *sigh*

I dont eve waste my time anymore, I just see Josh at HB mitsu and he takes care of me.

Howie
01-05-2004, 10:42 AM
I took my car into Norco Mitsu cause it was throwing a CEL. They said it might be because of my turbo timer.. :rolleyes: but I told them that i had my tt for over 2 months and it didn't give me any problems. Turns out the code was a just a misfire.

GokuSSJ4
01-05-2004, 11:13 AM
When I was at Tuttle-Click Mitsu in Irvine they were giving me a hard time about my turbo timer. At the time I had a cat-back only and he told me anything more and he wouldnt even look at my car. *sigh*

I dont eve waste my time anymore, I just see Josh at HB mitsu and he takes care of me.

Rob do you have the address for Josh in HB ?? or anyone else may i add . Even a phone #

alex_alex
01-05-2004, 11:36 AM
now...is josh a service rep, or is he a mechanic?

leaveit2bevo
01-05-2004, 11:44 AM
josh is a service rep

Coolguy949
01-05-2004, 11:48 AM
Actually, I'm pretty sure he's the service manager. Call (714) 375-9493 and ask for Josh in Service. Tell him you're a socalevo.net member and he'll take care of you.

ngentot
01-05-2004, 10:47 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure he's the service manager. Call (714) 375-9493 and ask for Josh in Service. Tell him you're a socalevo.net member and he'll take care of you.

I would definitely recommend Josh. He helped the tech in Norco mitsu, how to install the cusco carbon clutch I had, after they took out the wrong bolt. Thanx Josh! But I wouldn't recommend going to norco. Their service are terrible and the mechanic doesn't know a clue about the evos. Right now I've already contacted the consumer better business bearue and reported norco for the scratches they put on my evo. Off course they did not admit it.

Dr. Evo
01-05-2004, 11:10 PM
For those of you north of LA, I am very "Mod-Blind", being an enthusiast myself. Doing alot of performance work for DSS and buddies has made me that way :lol: . Having fun is what it's all about, and if you can't mod your car why buy one? I am a Mits Master tech at Valley Mitsubishi in San Luis Obispo. So if you are too far from Josh @ HB, come see Jeremy in SLO. No worries. 8)

bcmind
01-06-2004, 12:17 AM
For those of you north of LA, I am very "Mod-Blind", being an enthusiast myself. Doing alot of performance work for DSS and buddies has made me that way :lol: . Having fun is what it's all about, and if you can't mod your car why buy one? I am a Mits Master tech at Valley Mitsubishi in San Luis Obispo. So if you are too far from Josh @ HB, come see Jeremy in SLO. No worries. 8)

both places are still far away from me... Josh is like 40miles away from me.... it's unreal to take my car 40miles away for non-warranty service...

howiEVO8
01-06-2004, 12:43 AM
40 miles aint nuttin'....o.O

howiEVO8
01-06-2004, 12:44 AM
unless ur passin through the 10...o.O

ItsStockOfficer
01-06-2004, 02:32 AM
40 miles? I would drive a hundred for proper work done on my car...

Of course, I do it all myself, but thats a silly statement. The 4g63 has many quirks, and if your mechanic does not know them, welcome to my car is fucked and my shits broke Land

howiEVO8
01-06-2004, 05:14 AM
now there's the spirit! rawr

GokuSSJ4
01-06-2004, 10:34 PM

I would definitely recommend Josh. He helped the tech in Norco mitsu, how to install the cusco carbon clutch I had, after they took out the wrong bolt. Thanx Josh! But I wouldn't recommend going to norco. Their service are terrible and the mechanic doesn't know a clue about the evos. Right now I've already contacted the consumer better business bearue and reported norco for the scratches they put on my evo. Off course they did not admit it.

I have to give Josh a call , thanks Rob for the # .
Did that void your warranty ?? or is it ok since the dealer is installing the after market part (even doh is not OEM ) cause if thats the case and IMO is worth saving the headaches . I will have them do the clutch , either cusco or hks (or what ever seems best to fit to my application )

Chris in SD
01-07-2004, 03:23 AM
Since I bought my car back in April at HB Mitsu (btw Tom Croxton, pres. of the dealership, is a GREAT guy to deal with), I always went to Josh. He is not the service manager (some really cool older guy is - sits in an office across from the parts store), but he is #2. Josh was a tech at RMR for a while before coming to HB Mitsu, so he is not just book-familiar, but hands-on familiar with Evos. He gave me a lot of good advice early on when people were still arguing about BOVs and crap. I agree with all of the posts here, but I am just fearful someone will flame him if they bring in their thrashed car and expect Josh to still warranty everything and he refuses. As long as you're reasonable, he will exceed your expectations. I always felt so lucky to live right around the corner from HB Mitsu (and RMR, as well). As far as being worth the drive, I would suggest anyone in the LA/OC area make the trip.

Chris

Howie
01-07-2004, 10:12 AM
i brought in my evo to get an oil change at hb mitsu when i had only 1k miles on it. josh told me to save my money and that the suggested 5k miles for the first oil change was just fine.

moogle
01-08-2004, 08:28 PM

Oh men...

If only I knew about this josh guy a month ago. Don't go to norco, ontario, or pomona.

evogal
01-09-2004, 12:39 PM
I wish that HB Mitsu wasn't so far from me. Does anyone know where I can take my EVO in the San Fernando Valley area? I want someone that I can trust and not treat me like I don't understand because I am a woman driving an EVO.

Howie
01-09-2004, 02:26 PM
I wish that HB Mitsu wasn't so far from me. Does anyone know where I can take my EVO in the San Fernando Valley area? I want someone that I can trust and not treat me like I don't understand because I am a woman driving an EVO.

http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/images/smilies/postpics.gif[/img]

evogal
01-13-2004, 12:00 AM
Gee, thanks Howie. That really answered my question. :P

alex_alex
01-14-2004, 02:07 PM
evogal, the people at Miller Mitsubishi service seemed pretty kickback. I can't recall the names, but theres a filipino guy there and a hispanic woman that are both pretty cool. But i can't say that that would translate into lenient warranty coverage. Josh at HB may be worth the extra drive for.

Charles B.
10-23-2006, 02:22 PM
Sorry for ressurecting this old one but it was one of the top listed threads in my recent search.

So, does Josh still work at HB Mistu? I may need some work done. My car is not starting at all. Turns on, cranks, but no start.

sinajoon5
10-23-2006, 07:37 PM
anyone have any experiences with south coast mitsu???

SpdyEvo02
10-23-2006, 07:47 PM
anyone have any experiences with south coast mitsu???

thats where i take my car and i have had no problems and i have the dr.grey stage 1

BUDLoNG
10-23-2006, 08:53 PM
MILLER MITSU is NOT the place to go..
try glendale if you cant make it down to HB

leaveit2bevo
10-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Sorry for ressurecting this old one but it was one of the top listed threads in my recent search.

So, does Josh still work at HB Mistu? I may need some work done. My car is not starting at all. Turns on, cranks, but no start.

josh hasent worked there since 03