PDA

View Full Version : Just to drop by and say HI

bcmind
01-01-2004, 01:42 AM
Hi everyone!!!

i finally got the black evo today!!! muhahahahahahahaha :P

can't wait to meet u guys...

o btw, which intake to use?

the only mod i'll be doing is probably intake, ecu or xede, cat back.... that's it...

which combo to choose? any info is greatly welcome!

GokuSSJ4
01-01-2004, 02:08 PM
Welcome aboard !!!
im still on that quest to what ecu flash or piggy back to run lol . for exhaust you have a lot of options and is it just raw performance that you are looking for ? looks ?? and sound ??? the best bang for the buck IMO is Buschur Racing turbo back , but is quiet abit loud ( you can also run there option with the magnaflow muffler )

bcmind
01-01-2004, 11:16 PM
with so many choices.. i really don't know what to do too...

why can't they come up a combo with intake+ecu+exhaust?

btw, have anyone try to use the drop-in K&N? does teh BOV sounds louder?

i really want the sound...

o.. one more thing... will the EVO pass the cali emission if the exhaust is changed?

ReHeat
01-02-2004, 12:06 AM
with so many choices.. i really don't know what to do too...

why can't they come up a combo with intake+ecu+exhaust?

btw, have anyone try to use the drop-in K&N? does teh BOV sounds louder?

i really want the sound...

o.. one more thing... will the EVO pass the cali emission if the exhaust is changed?

I have the K&N drop-in and it's does not sound much different from stock.

GokuSSJ4
01-02-2004, 11:10 AM
for intake look in the classified section , Rob (coolguy949) has a group buy going ... An they have also a pic and a dyno sheet of the intake.
ECU upgrade you have to decide if you want a flash or a piggy back system .
For exhaust start with how loud do you wanted to be , if you want something quiet but yet that makes good power or something that is just about performace and go from there.
There are some nice quiet exhaust systems out there :
AVO (almost like stock -excellent gains and bolts to your stock cat)
HKS good quality of exhaust
APS
Buschur racing (magnaflow) very light and excellent gains
Vinshu racing (signature exhaust) great quality and great gains.

There was a post about this , you should look it up and do some research ...

GokuSSJ4
01-02-2004, 11:11 AM
about smog , as long as you dont mess with your smog equipment you should be fine . Like running a test pipe , as long as you are running a cat and you dont have a check engine light (service light ) you should be fine

bcmind
01-02-2004, 06:55 PM
for intake look in the classified section , Rob (coolguy949) has a group buy going ... An they have also a pic and a dyno sheet of the intake.
ECU upgrade you have to decide if you want a flash or a piggy back system .
For exhaust start with how loud do you wanted to be , if you want something quiet but yet that makes good power or something that is just about performace and go from there.
There are some nice quiet exhaust systems out there :
AVO (almost like stock -excellent gains and bolts to your stock cat)
HKS good quality of exhaust
APS
Buschur racing (magnaflow) very light and excellent gains
Vinshu racing (signature exhaust) great quality and great gains.

There was a post about this , you should look it up and do some research ...

I know all those brands.. but i'm concern that the ECU flash will not be working they way it should after i change the intake and exhaust.

any insight?

GokuSSJ4
01-04-2004, 03:18 AM
well with the flash , if you plan to get that . You should leave it till your last mod (or at least for a while) if you can not wait. That way you get the best out of it and you tune the car with all the new things that you have added to it ...
Thats the reason im leaving mine till im ready to do cams , that way they get tune with the cams and get the best out of it ....

howiEVO8
01-04-2004, 12:32 PM
yeah :)

i'm just gonna wait to get everything at once...hehe

howiEVO8
01-04-2004, 12:34 PM
that way i can worry less about ordering a part i dont have when i already installed the first one...another is cuz i can install the parts and then tune it rawr