PDA

View Full Version : anybody needs someone to install their clutch?

ngentot
01-05-2004, 11:05 PM
Call Mather's autocare and speak to Jason. He charges 300 for the labor and 25 bux for resurfacing the flywheel. He has done so many awd cars including the wrx, eclipse gsx, talon tsi's, and a few evos. He installed my friend's hks gd max twin disc in his sti's. :D :D

rizalhoo
01-05-2004, 11:16 PM
ngentot: u sure do knows a lot of peeps man =) *thumbs up*

showard232
06-02-2004, 08:18 AM
I NEED my ACT clutch installed as mt stocker is finally fried at 17000 miles; where is this Mather located as I live in riverside and really do not want to drive to OC or south Bay if possible.

JanSolo
06-02-2004, 09:20 AM
That's all he charges?? Wow! I've heard of shops charging up to 1k for labor alone for clutch installs.

GokuSSJ4
06-02-2004, 09:45 AM
maybe is time to install the RRE no name brand clutch .:cool:

Guack007
06-02-2004, 10:28 AM
Id like to know if anyone has any experience or advise on that no name brand clutch.

wilson1
06-02-2004, 10:33 AM
wow, that's a great price!
Whereabouts is he located?

leaveit2bevo
06-02-2004, 10:36 AM
Id like to know if anyone has any experience or advise on that no name brand clutch.

well I know they rock it on the blue monster so it can take huge abuse and power, and its organic material so it should have smooth engagment plus it looks stock what more could you ask for.

tama_mog
06-02-2004, 03:21 PM
not much more actually, every person I've seen talking about the clutch says it's the best thing since sliced bread. I may have gone that direction if I had known about it, but instead I went with a cusco twin disc.

snoop
06-16-2004, 06:24 AM
Mather's Auto Care
:lol: 1014 W Barkley Ave
Orange, CA 92868-1211
Phone: (714) 744-3869

Ricardon
06-17-2004, 07:47 PM
Damnit I was too late to call them today. I am going to call them tomorrow after my appointments and see if they can get me in early next week. I'm actually going down to RRE to pick up the X clutch and a Fidanza flywheel. RRE was just way too busy to be able to fit me before the 30th. I'll let everyone know how the install goes if I do end up getting in with Mather's.

EvolOne
06-17-2004, 09:57 PM
Is that the dual clutch deal you're installing? The sandpaper sounding one or what gives?

Say, send me your email, Ricardon and I'll send you some pics you'll enjoy. Robbo

EvolOne
06-17-2004, 10:09 PM

well I know they rock it on the blue monster so it can take huge abuse and power, and its organic material so it should have smooth engagment plus it looks stock what more could you ask for.

Bevo, are you talking about the blue monster clutch or some other and are you talking about mathers or RRE?

Any comments about what clutches are best? And why? The dual clutch sounds like pure racing app, and annoying on the street.

Bevo, you considered cams yet?

leaveit2bevo
06-18-2004, 01:08 AM

Bevo, are you talking about the blue monster clutch or some other and are you talking about mathers or RRE?

Any comments about what clutches are best? And why? The dual clutch sounds like pure racing app, and annoying on the street.

Bevo, you considered cams yet?

LOL OMG your alive I have seen you post in months, the blue monster is RRE shop evo they run the x-clutch in it and no I have thought about cams yet.

Ricardon
06-18-2004, 08:48 PM
Here's my day: Get up at the asscrack to go into UBS and proceed to GET HIRED!! YAAAAY!! So, I'm stoked but I still have a ton o shite to do so I roll down to Earls to pick up a couple fittings for my brake lines...cool ass shop! Basically has everything you could possibly need for fittings, lines, pumps...all the racecar shite ya know. So, from talking with RRE a bunch of times yesterday, they weren't going to be able to fit me in before the EOC date on the 30th to get my clutch installed. I need to get it installed ASAP, so I can get a semi decent breakin on it before I take it to the track. So, at about 5:30pm yesterday RRE calls me back and says that there's no way, I say cool I'll just buy the X-clutch and a Fidanza flywheel and get it installed elsewhere. "No problem the parts are right here". Cool! Those guys get so busy 'cause they do great work...I understand, I'll just get that sweet no namer and have Mathers put it in.

On the freeway after Earls, leave a message for Jason at Mathers. Drive my arse all the way out to RRE, get there around 12:30...no X-clutches in stock. "The no namers shipped out yesterday"...WTF. I was told yesterday they were in stock at around 5:30 pm, and I know the shipping companies come usually no later than 3pm...again WTF. "Sorry", and they have no idea when new ones are coming.

PISSED

Mueller pulls in, tells me to get the ACT 'cause that's what he runs in his personal car and he likes it. Get the ACT and the Fidanza, and I'm getting my suspension goodies next week! On the way home Jason calls me back, cool guy on the phone, asks when I want the install done. I say next available opening. He tells me that he's gonna see if he can do the install tomorrow. WTF!! Tomorrow! Damn, I'm impressed. So, I need to call him tomorrow in the am, but even if it needs to be next week, I was surprised that he wanted to fit me in that soon being F-day weekend and all. Super cool, I'm impressed!! Get home, my speed bleeders are at the door!!

I'll let you guys know how the install goes!

Muellerized...
06-19-2004, 02:36 AM
[quote="Ricardon"]Here's my day: " and I know the shipping companies come usually no later than 3pm...again WTF. "Sorry", and they have no idea when new ones are coming.
PISSED

How much stuff have you personally shipped from our shop? You are making comments on what time UPS and Fed EX comes to our business based on what information?

UPS has come between 5-6pm for years now, sometimes way later than 6pm. Also people walk up and buy stuff all the time after hours, if you want/need a part reserved for you, _pay_ for it with a credit card number over the phone and _your_ part will be waiting for you at the shop. Just cause something was in stock 1 day before does not mean it is in stock today, we make a huge effort to accomodate everyone's unique EVO problem, but be aware when someone shows up with actual money to buy a part, it is likely we will sell them that part.

Congrats on your new job opportunity Rich.

GokuSSJ4
06-19-2004, 06:40 PM
he works for UPS now , so maybe he is the new guy that picks up and delivers the packages. :wink:

Ricardon
06-20-2004, 12:14 PM
he works for UPS now , so maybe he is the new guy that picks up and delivers the packages. :wink:

U...B...S

Not UPS Goku! Sorry, John I didn't realize you guys had special pickups hehe. Anyway, it all worked out well in the end right?