PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorm and a cracked exhaust manifold...

gt40
01-09-2004, 09:21 PM
Bad News and Good News:

While putting on the new upgraded head and getting the aem ems fixed for the factory defect at Brainstorm, we got some pretty bad news- the exhaust manifold has a serious 2" long hairline crack through it. Evidently the defect in the aem caused the egt to shoot way way up to the point that it cracked a really nice manifold. That is the bad news.

I welded it as a temp fix and then before I could ask, I got some good news: Roshon said they would get a new one for me at no charge and they would take care of it.

I think it is worth noting the following:

1. They caught the crack and the shop did the right thing and brought it to my attention instead of saying nothing. I would have never known and who knows how long it might have lasted before it completely cracked and trashed my turbo.

2. They didn't even give me a chance to ask if they were going to get it replaced under warranty even though it has been used for 5 months including hard track days. Roshon just apologized for the inconvenience of it taking a week to get the part in and said they would take care of it.

3. They got my aem ems fixed pronto- having aem come out to their shop that day to take care of it so I won't have this issue hopefully anymore.

This is why you go to a shop that takes care of business.

Thank you very much Roshon and Adam!

Brainstorm is a standup operation and it is really refreshing to work with a shop that does more than pay lip service to service and just takes care of things instead of offering excuses. They even did all of this work in the middle of setting up the new shop!

On a side note, thanks also goes out to Rob for scoring me a head gasket on short notice and driving it up to culver city from costa mesa.

GokuSSJ4
01-09-2004, 10:04 PM
thats good to know that their willing to back up their products 100% , glad that everything went smooth ...

NRG
01-09-2004, 11:06 PM
Yes, but not everyone has that kind of money to take it to brainstorm......

CACalomino
01-09-2004, 11:52 PM
could not agree with u more After the way I was treated at brainstorm I will not go anywhere else

perversity
01-10-2004, 03:30 AM
It's great to hear that you are getting superb service to go with your product GT40. I look forward to seeing your beast breathing life in the near future...

Coolguy949
01-10-2004, 05:56 AM
Mark, do you have an EGT guage in your evo?

gt40
01-10-2004, 10:40 AM
NO.

It was on the to do list...

Coolguy949
01-10-2004, 10:52 AM
Yeah, that's something you definately need.

Hows the car running??

Coolguy949
01-10-2004, 11:41 AM
On a side note, thanks also goes out to Rob for scoring me a head gasket on short notice and driving it up to culver city from costa mesa.

Mark, it was my pleasure. Can't wait to see your car. Hope it turned out awesome!

Rob

gt40
01-10-2004, 06:26 PM
It needs tuning...

MrBubbler
01-10-2004, 08:28 PM
dont we all lol. i got my car back today and it ran like shit the cams need to be tuned and then to the ems = / . im glad roshon took care of you thats a sign of a very good buisness to just fix the problme and not say anything = ) way to go brainstorm!

gt40
01-11-2004, 12:29 AM
Got the car back!

New head is on and i have arp's + the aem ems spark issue is cured.

Loaded in another map and ran at 1.8 bar- the motor pulled really hard and it pulls fine at 7800 with the new head. It is running real smooth on the power up top and idle with the dual 272's is very smooth. I can't wait to see what it will do with the new intake manifold.

I will post charts after the new intake and exhaust manifolds go on...