PDA

View Full Version : Where can i get boost guage with install?

bcmind
01-11-2004, 10:38 PM
and how much would that run me?

:roll:

CACalomino
01-11-2004, 11:29 PM
It depends on what guage set up U are going to use. I would recomend teh DEFI LInk system they have play back and its a easy install. If u dont want to do it yourself I would recomend Brainstorm for the install

bcmind
01-12-2004, 03:30 PM
It depends on what guage set up U are going to use. I would recomend teh DEFI LInk system they have play back and its a easy install. If u dont want to do it yourself I would recomend Brainstorm for the install

How much does brainstorm charge for the install with DEFI guage?

Maybe if it's easy to install i should do it myself? How long does it take to install a boost guage?

Maybe i don't need the playback function?

:roll:

CACalomino
01-12-2004, 06:41 PM
the install is easy go to enom.net they have a whole write up with step by step i have no idea on how to do wireing but this was easy real easy if u have basic hand tools your set.

chris

the play back function is standard with the DEFI system

bcmind
01-12-2004, 10:01 PM
chris...

THANKS for the info!

I'll give myself a try to install it... ok now... where can i purchase this? good vendor recommendation needed here!

:lol:

GokuSSJ4
01-13-2004, 09:28 AM
check out the omori gauges , this IMO fits my needs .
Omori 3 Gauge Package with Factory Refit Kit..........$695.00*
This package includes 3 52mm Omori gauges, Mitsubishi CD player refit kit as well as an Omori 3 gauge cluster.
http://www.vishnutuning.com/images/evo/guages.jpg

kaisho99
01-13-2004, 09:43 AM
FYI...that Omori faceplate is open on the top and bottom. Meaning the gauge wiring and the backs of the guage are exposed and you can see into the dash. It only looks that good from the angle the photo was taken. Pretty lame IMO. Granted, I like the fact that they are angled toward the driver but c'mon, a little fit and finish would be nice for 700 stinkin bucks. I scratched it off my list after finding that out. But it does look nice from that photo. :?

In all honesty if you don't want to spent 700-1000 bucks on gauges with Defi...the best cost effective setup I've seen is Izzy's. He uses VDO mechanical gauges that are cheap (less than 200 for 3 gauges I believe) and does the trick. He made the face plate by cutting holes in a 1DIN blank cover from the dealer. But you could buy that $50 plate I saw going around on evom that was made for VW's, I believe it fits as well.

I have yet to put gauges in myself but I'll be copying Izzy for sure and put the saved money somewhere else.

bcmind
01-13-2004, 12:03 PM
Actually i just need to boost guage... it shouldn't cost me over $200 installed correct?

the Defi D is about $120 and the housing for it it's like... around $50?

what's EGT anyway... too lazy to search... sorry :oops:

CACalomino
01-13-2004, 03:06 PM
EGT = Exhaust Gas Temp

CACalomino
01-13-2004, 03:08 PM
chris...

THANKS for the info!

I'll give myself a try to install it... ok now... where can i purchase this? good vendor recommendation needed here!

See if Rob (Coolguy949) on this site can help u out he has a shop and sells most evo aftermarket parts.

If not groupS has pretty good deals on stuff

bcmind
01-13-2004, 04:43 PM
chris...

THANKS for the info!

See if Rob (Coolguy949) on this site can help u out he has a shop and sells most evo aftermarket parts.

If not groupS has pretty good deals on stuff

Gonna pm coolguy!

thanks a lot!