PDA

View Full Version : On the verge of purchasing a new evo, need help!

nijikon5
01-13-2004, 05:26 AM
So for the last few months, my family and I have been in debate of purchasing a new car, at first, it was really a STi vs. Evo kind of feel for me. The last 3 months however have been all evo for me though! Now within the next 2-3 weeks is time for me to finally get the evo, I pretty much want a Tarmac Black Evo with CF spoiler and sunroof. We're going to put around 10k down, maybe a little bit more. I'm going to pay the monthly + insurance so I was wondering if anyone had any friends at dealerships or have any recommendations to dealerships that are offering excellent prices. [ Would really like to pay around around 30-31 OTD if possible. ] Thanks for in advance for the help that is offered and your time.

Absinthe
01-13-2004, 12:09 PM
that is what I paid for a car with roof here is LA so you should be able to get that easy. PM had I'll give you the break down.

rizalhoo
01-13-2004, 12:20 PM
I believe we have a few socalevo members who works for mitsu dealer like josh from mitsu HB, maybe he could help out? mot sure though but worth a try

leaveit2bevo
01-13-2004, 12:29 PM
DONT GO TO SANTA MONICA MITSU!!! josh isnt a dealer he is a service rep but hb mitsu has the best service department in cali and I know many on this site have bought there evos from them.

Absinthe
01-13-2004, 12:35 PM
This is why I wanted you to PM because Im going to get flamed. I bought mine from Santa monica 2 weeks ago they had 2 black cf no wing cars then. I got the car with no negotiation I came to them with a deal at invoice told them I had another on the table (i did) and got a rate quote from capital one first (4.49) I went in took a look at the car and invoice put me at 31,137 otd I asked for 31 and got it. I was in and out in under 1 hour.

Coolguy949
01-13-2004, 12:36 PM
If you go to HB mitsu, you will be paying less than 30 OTD.

We've set up some nice deal for socalevo members. MAKE SURE you tell him that you were sent from SoCalEvo.net. Basically anyone from SoCalEvo.net will get their evo for 500 - 1000 over invoice at HB Mitsu. Dont tell him I said that. I'm just telling you. Make sure you tell him we sent you or he wont hook you up. If you're a jerk or try to haggle him too much he said he wont be as willing to hook you up. Make sure you ask for Eric the sales manager.

Rob

Absinthe
01-13-2004, 12:36 PM
If you want more info I can give it to you it did help that I sold cars for a while when i got out of school and know how to explain it logically to them.

although i cant spell

leaveit2bevo
01-13-2004, 12:41 PM
LOL no flaming about sm mitsu but they have been assholes to a lot of people who bought there cars there, Im glad you didnt get bad service im kind of suprised.

Absinthe
01-13-2004, 12:45 PM

We've set up some nice deal for socalevo members. MAKE SURE you tell him that you were sent from SoCalEvo.net. Basically anyone from SoCalEvo.net will get their evo for 500 - 1000 over invoice at HB Mitsu. Dont tell him I said that. I'm just telling you. Make sure you tell him we sent you or he wont hook you up. If you're a jerk or try to haggle him too much he said he wont be as willing to hook you up. Make sure you ask for Eric the sales manager.

Rob

1000 over invoice is around 28k-28.5k that should put you between 30.7 and 31.4k OTD

Coolguy949
01-13-2004, 12:47 PM
I thought invoice was much lower. Lately some people have been getting their evos for 29,8 OTD with their socalevo discount. that's what i've heard at least. I'm going to HB mitsu today, so i'll find out.

Absinthe
01-13-2004, 01:00 PM
if the dealer is not including advertising, and hold back you would be right on thos add up to about 900 although its rare that is a really sweat deal.

Thedread
01-15-2004, 11:41 PM
guys, they are selling them now for $100 over invoice or invoice......with cf wing and sunroof $28900 + taxes and license......

turbrodude
01-19-2004, 09:54 PM
This is a no-brainer. You go to Norco Mitsubishi, ask for Serjio. You tell them you will pay 30k out-the-door. Done deal. Pick your evo. If you got good credit, you will get great financing too.

ErroR
01-19-2004, 10:25 PM
I would also recommend Huntington Beach Mitsu.

drmosh
01-19-2004, 11:31 PM
This is a no-brainer. You go to Norco Mitsubishi, ask for Serjio. You tell them you will pay 30k out-the-door. Done deal. Pick your evo. If you got good credit, you will get great financing too.

Norco was one of the original price jackers.

Mitsu
01-19-2004, 11:50 PM

Rob

I called Hunington before. They only give discounts to VIP's.

nijikon5
01-20-2004, 05:25 AM
If anyone was curious, i've been shopping around lately because if the right deal came along, we wouldn't pass it up. I had been talking to Miller Mitsu. for a while because my friend Kelvin had gotten it around 27,900 [ Before tags and taxes of course. ] and I was hoping for a similar deal, but they wanted 500 over invoice which came out to 32,050. Alhambra Mitsu was firm on 31,500. I asked Eric at HB about the socalevo discount and told him i'd put around 15,000 down and asked what the OTD price would be and he said 32,500. SM Mitsu said they could match Alhambra's price. Puente Hills would do like 31,300 basically so my hopes of the 30ish range seems to be fading. Anywho, I'm going to try Norco Mitsu this weekend and see what happens. I also wanted to give everyone a thanks for the help it is much appreciated and the people who gave me a speedy reply on the PMs even more gratitude! Sometime's I think I should just give in because I really want the car, but I guess that asian bargaining side of me really wants a great deal.

GokuSSJ4
01-20-2004, 09:38 AM
I know Santa Monica will match anyone elses price (they may have a better variaty of the car ) since they carry a large inventory of the Evo . More then most dealers at least , but the down side is that you really have to be serious with them and dont let them punk you around . You agree to pay what you agree to pay for ..... either way you are still getting a good deal, most peeps that got their Evo didnt even have as much as an option as you do . An some paid over MSRP not even saying OTD price ..

Takashi
01-30-2004, 02:53 PM
hey everyone... so it seems like the otd price of $30k flat is not realistic. njikon, is this true? it seems like if you could get the car at invoice, then $30k flat would seem reasonable:
Invoice: $26,891
Destination: $595
Tax: ~$2,300
License(?): $150
TOTAL: $29,936
unless i'm completely off for the licensing fee, that puts it below $30k.... let me know if you guys think this is reasonable or if the dealers just wont go for it.
thanks
greg
(oh, this is my first post, i just test drove an evo last nite :))

xxfairenoughxx
01-30-2004, 07:26 PM
it would depend. If the car was brand new and they haven't had it on the lot for an extended amount of time then they wouldn't sell it for so low of a markup. However, they begin losing money if the car stays on the lot too long and if they have one that they've let someone test drive they will probably give you some money off so that would make it feasable. Otherwise it's going to be kind of tough from what it seems I dont know anyone else have some input.

**Edit Specficially for Takashi if you are going to pay for it with 100% cash (I.E. you're a drug dealer or you're going to get financing from your credit union) then you could probably at least 3% for the financing charge.

Takashi
01-30-2004, 10:46 PM
i new i shoulda gone into dealing rather than accounting...

invaders
01-31-2004, 05:50 PM
I have a connection that save you a bit.

Takashi
02-02-2004, 11:32 AM

is this a valid statement??? :)
greg