PDA

View Full Version : What kind of fluid does the intercooler sprayer use .....

turbonium43
01-15-2004, 11:01 PM
I really need to know specifically what it is i need to use, and i might be mis-reading the manual bu tit said washer fluid ....so could anyone clarify this whole thing for me?

turbrodude
01-15-2004, 11:13 PM
That is what the manual says. If you don't wanna use washer fluid, I bet distilled water would be fine. The washer fluid is probably for freezing climates since I think its less prone to freeze than water. But don't use regular water cuz your I/C will look like ass from corrosion even sooner if you do.

AC-eVo
01-15-2004, 11:14 PM
water for me

howiEVO8
01-16-2004, 01:06 AM
That is what the manual says. If you don't wanna use washer fluid, I bet distilled water would be fine. The washer fluid is probably for freezing climates since I think its less prone to freeze than water. But don't use regular water cuz your I/C will look like ass from corrosion even sooner if you do.

what's the diff b/t tap water and distrilled?

howiEVO8
01-16-2004, 01:07 AM
does anyone know if i can use redline water wetter? hehe

rizalhoo
01-16-2004, 02:29 AM

distilled water is like water but its purer than water since it has been further process into pureness or its been distilled (learn that from my bio class :) )

whereas tap water is just ordinary water, yeah its been distilled by not good enough. but about the corrosion and all that things, i dont know :)

Howie
01-16-2004, 08:42 AM

distilled water is like water but its purer than water since it has been further process into pureness or its been distilled (learn that from my bio class :) )

whereas tap water is just ordinary water, yeah its been distilled by not good enough. but about the corrosion and all that things, i dont know :)

apparently, using water for your winshield wipers will leave mineral deposits in the lines, and eventually clog them up in the long run. That is why there is windshield wiper fluid. I am assuming this holds true to the IC spray lines as well.

kaisho99
01-16-2004, 11:50 AM
Speaking of the intercooler sprayer....I filled it up for the first time the other day all the way to the top and I'll be damned if a 1/3rd of it spilled right out onto the garage floor!! :evil: I started freaking out like I had a hole or crack in it or something!

Well it stopped. Seems like there is an over flow dump off or something. If you look into the container the water leveled off just about under the neck of the bottle. Wierd.

Anyone else experience that?

drmosh
01-16-2004, 12:38 PM
Yes, there's an overflow dump. I just piss in mine. Actually, I just use regular water.. some people say to use distilled because it doesn't have minerals.

Coolguy949
01-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Wait, that bottle's not for power steering fluid? :roll:

http://www.socalevo.net/images/eek3dance.gif

kaisho99
01-16-2004, 05:14 PM
Wait, that bottle's not for power steering fluid? :roll:

http://www.socalevo.net/images/eek3dance.gif

No it's the sand receptacle. :lol:

ErroR
01-19-2004, 02:04 PM
I keep trying to put my NOS in there but it keeps evaporating.

leaveit2bevo
01-19-2004, 10:35 PM
Speaking of the intercooler sprayer....I filled it up for the first time the other day all the way to the top and I'll be damned if a 1/3rd of it spilled right out onto the garage floor!! :evil: I started freaking out like I had a hole or crack in it or something!

Well it stopped. Seems like there is an over flow dump off or something. If you look into the container the water leveled off just about under the neck of the bottle. Wierd.

Anyone else experience that?

Yep that sucks I killed a whole bottle of fluid just to see it come out the bottom of the car I was pissed. I have the stock bottle in front of me and it is acctually really big.

mprtklr
01-19-2004, 11:30 PM
I keep trying to put my NOS in there but it keeps evaporating.

i thought that was my reserve gas tank??? no wonder everyone kept looking at me wierd at the gas station...hmm.. :banghead:

Doc Jeremiah
07-19-2004, 05:59 PM
I just got my evo last week. The service department told me to use distilled water. They said it works better then plain water.

Boosted
08-02-2004, 11:24 PM
all distilled water is, is pure water that has no un nesecary minerals such as lead which most tap water has just goto pavilions or whatever and get a gallon of thre bottled water that is distilled, any bottled water is distilled or purified tap water

alfredob1
08-02-2004, 11:29 PM
I can't remember which company it was but I was reading the label and it said they "added minerals for taste" which kinda defeats the purpose of using bottled water.