PDA

View Full Version : BOV Fluttering

NRG
01-17-2004, 09:37 PM
I just bought the Greddy Type S BOV and it is exactly same as my Forge Motorsport BOV.....Both flutters if you let off the gas slowly.......So my conclusion is that is normal......Only when you let off the gas at WOT is when you want one big whoosh and not fluttering.....

Any Socal members with Greddy type-S on their car? Let us know how yours go....

SolarXclipse
01-17-2004, 11:59 PM
I had the same Greddy Type S and it did the same thing which I dont like my car doing so I put back the stock BOV. I just hate my car fluttering like theres a boost leak or something. I'll probably stick with a stock BOV right now until I find a good BOV that wont flutter.

CarbonFibre
01-18-2004, 01:21 AM
Any chance that you installed the thing backwards? If not then that sucks that they make this noise. Do you know if the stock diverter valve is a diaphram type or piston type?

NRG
01-18-2004, 01:28 AM
no its not backwards..........

fourg63_gst
01-18-2004, 01:59 AM
What you guys are describing sounds like compressor surge, which is not good for the turbo. I have the greddy type-s And never had it fluttered like that.

NRG
01-18-2004, 02:12 AM
What you guys are describing sounds like compressor surge, which is not good for the turbo. I have the greddy type-s And never had it fluttered like that.

Where do you live? If you don't mind, I come check out your BOV......

CarbonFibre
01-18-2004, 03:11 AM
Maybe your BOV needs some servicing. Try applying some synthetic lubricant on the inside to make sure you don't have your piston getting stuck closed or open.

turbrodude
01-19-2004, 09:57 PM
The greddy valve will do that if its not adjusted properly. Its probably too tight. There is also the second vacuum port I beleive that you can hook up so it blows off better. In DSM land, the best options are the 1G dsm valve and then the greddy valve is a close second. All the other aftermarket jobs suck.

perversity
01-19-2004, 10:53 PM
What colour spring was in the Forge? I have the green spring in mine now and that seemed to cure the problem.