PDA

View Full Version : Man I can get a break with my EVO the last two weeks errrrrr

CACalomino
01-18-2004, 01:11 AM
Well as I posted last week after I set up some the last of my guages I was tired after a 18 hour day and decided to take the car out for a test spin only to find my moms car in teh drive way witch is never is and back into it. Well I get the car back from the bodyshop today ($400) dollars poorer I drive to robs shop to get my new exhaust only to get a gravel truck to spit a peble at me and crack my window :x :x :x Had I know it cracked my window I would have gotten a # to call and get a free window out of it. I only found out after I finished my exhaust install :?

Anybody know what it will cost for a new windshield on a EVO? Man this sucks ass if its not one problem it another one. Modding is great but sometimes the up's and downs and probs combined with the daily problems just gets the best of u.

Im off to crack open a 12 pack

cheers fellas

chris

evo_dadi
01-18-2004, 09:47 AM
it depends on how big the crack on the windshiled but there's an epoxy you can buy that you inject inside the chip to prevent the crack from getting bigger. its a cheap fix for now in case you dont want to get a new windshiled now,that's what i did and its working out pretty good.

Coolguy949
01-18-2004, 11:07 AM
Man this sucks ass if its not one problem it another one. Modding is great but sometimes the up's and downs and probs combined with the daily problems just gets the best of u.

I know EXACTLY what you mean.

I'm having a nightmare with my new Carbotech Brake pads. I'm about to call Carbotech and start yelling at Matt. These pads suck. When the car is cold they dont even grip until they warm up. They are so noisy it's deafening, and they aretotally scarring my rotor with these really deep grooves. Sigh.

My nightmare: http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59954

SOrry to hear about your windshield. I'll call my friend to see if he knows anyone that can do it.

Rob

mprtklr
01-18-2004, 11:11 AM
windshields are cheap, especially for the EVO, my neighbor replaces windows for a living, the EVO windshield is like 180 dollars, ive already replaced mine twice.

koolmits
01-19-2004, 10:01 AM
I feel certain Matt will make you happy customer . Sorry to hear about the pads . ? Curios , which compound did you get ?

Windshields are $450 (MITSU) . I'm not sure , but I think the Mitsu shield is lighter . One thing I know for certain is that I could pick up the mitsu shield with two fingers and toss it like a frisbee . I don't know about other glass companies .

Coolguy949
01-19-2004, 10:20 AM
I bought the Bobcat compound.

mprtklr
01-19-2004, 11:02 AM
windsheilds are windshields, US windshields are made by like three companies, all mistu does is stamp a name on it. i can assure you that mitsu windshield is identical other than the stamp as one you buy from a glass shop.

mprtklr
01-19-2004, 11:03 AM
as far as the bobcats, i bought a set too and was going to install them, but now im hesitant, are they really that bad?

ErroR
01-19-2004, 12:11 PM
They squeal like a stuck pig.

mprtklr
01-19-2004, 12:52 PM
whats the alternative??

ErroR
01-19-2004, 01:03 PM
I have heard great things about Ferodo pads.

koolmits
01-20-2004, 09:19 AM
Hmmm , didn't think the bobcats would be that noisy , the xp8's maybe , but not the bobcats .

Here is a link to real race stuff , hope I don't offend anyone , it is surely not intended .
racerpartswholesale.com
they carry hawk pads and a wide assortment of other track necessities . If you look closely you can find tools that will save and even make you money . Examples : the quick alignment kit or even the corner scales . Why have somebody " it feel good to me " when you could have a digital readout that is exact .

GokuSSJ4
01-20-2004, 09:45 AM
besides those 2companies are they any other alternatives ?? like Endless or any other company out there to upgrade the stock pads

koolmits
01-21-2004, 06:55 PM
try this
www.cobaltfriction.com

toll free # 877 562 9237

Brakes and nothing but brakes .

erioshi
01-28-2004, 01:04 AM
If you don't anti-squeal goop the heck out of the metal backing plate the pad is mounted to Bobcats are insanely noisy.

I ended up gooping the friction area between the piston and the plate, the top and both side edges and the inside of the holes the pins mount through. Basically everywhere the Bobcats could touch anything else. After that they were ok.

My problem with them is that the chamfering (beveling) of the pad edge doesn't agree with Minnesots winter road scum. It geeps getting caught between the pad and the rotor.

In summer the pads were ok, though. Next time I'll probably try some Ferodo's.