PDA

View Full Version : Vishnu Products in L.A. cars?

WOT
01-18-2004, 06:02 PM
How many people on this site have a vishnu std dump back ex? How about the reflash & cam gears? I would like to see & hear this ex system as I am debating whether or not to build a similar system. I am old & have kids with very little free time.

I know I can assemble all these components to put together a decent 3" system: 3' MR dp, car sound cat, magna flow SS silencer, magna flow muffler & the necessary SS tubing & flanges for under $550 bucks. I dont expect the install to cost more than 150 @ a muffler shop. I would be installing the dp myself.

any input would be nice, I live in santa clarita.

GokuSSJ4
01-18-2004, 09:44 PM
The best exhaust IMO as far as been the most quiet (if thats a huge concern ) is the AVO .

leaveit2bevo
01-19-2004, 12:20 AM
the avo looks like shit though. Chris got the GReddy which weights 8lbs!!! and sounds tight.

AD_LIB
01-19-2004, 12:16 PM
ya that Greddy looks tight as hell

ericomundo
02-12-2004, 12:56 AM
I believe the AVO tapers down...from the exhausts I've seen, Buschur has a pretty straight exhaust, plus it's light at around 16 lbs. But I just saw some pics of the RB Motoring titanium exhaust (~12 lbs) and I haven't seen an exhaust that's straighter. Btw, I think the diameter for the RB/attain exhaust is 3". I'm still in the process of researching...

GokuSSJ4
02-12-2004, 01:21 AM
yeah the BR is a great system , but if your concern is noise then thats not the exhaust for you

QuickShifter
02-12-2004, 01:56 AM
the truth about exhaust is that if its made of a quality metal or steel...stainless steal is best....then as long as its a 3 inch with minimum bends and a straight through muffler with no boilshit restrictions....you will get the same power and almost exactly the same sound....vishnu makes great products but their dump back just isnt worth the money...trust me i know somebody that has the dump back and he prefers my set up....sound wise and power wise..........the funniest part is i have an avo downpipe...a borla cat back...and the muffler was welded off because it wasnt straight through and replaced with a straight through tanabe...thats 3 different exhaust companies making up my exhaust, it sounds better than ever, makes a shit load of power, and underneath looks like shit...all the other crap is propaganda...TRUST ME

leaveit2bevo
02-12-2004, 11:06 AM
ya stainless is not the best titanium is :wink:

GokuSSJ4
02-12-2004, 11:17 AM
the truth about exhaust is that if its made of a quality metal or steel...stainless steal is best....then as long as its a 3 inch with minimum bends and a straight through muffler with no boilshit restrictions....you will get the same power and almost exactly the same sound....vishnu makes great products but their dump back just isnt worth the money...trust me i know somebody that has the dump back and he prefers my set up....sound wise and power wise..........the funniest part is i have an avo downpipe...a borla cat back...and the muffler was welded off because it wasnt straight through and replaced with a straight through tanabe...thats 3 different exhaust companies making up my exhaust, it sounds better than ever, makes a shit load of power, and underneath looks like shit...all the other crap is propaganda...TRUST ME

have you dyno your car ???

kaisho99
02-12-2004, 11:20 AM
Ask Chris about how he likes the Greddy at 80mph sustained. :lol: :lol: Major drown he was complaining about the whole way to thunderhill and actually had to open a window to get some relief!

Other than that it look so damn nice and sounds even better! And for 8lbs...holy crap. :shock:

As far as the buschur, I have that one and if you don't want it to taper you have to use a high flow cat. I just have their cat back at the moment and wanted to keep the stock cat so they tapered the flange for me.

When I want to go to their 3" down pipe I will have to also get their high flow cat (which has 3" flanges). Tim at buschur said it would be pointless to do a 3" dp with our stock cat. /shrug

GokuSSJ4
02-12-2004, 11:23 AM
Kaisho you are running the one with the magnaflow exhaust or there original BR design muffler ???

kaisho99
02-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Magnaflow on mine (and I love it!!!) and only person I know of that has the BR muffler is JanSolo.

Smogrunner
02-13-2004, 07:49 AM
How many people on this site have a vishnu std dump back ex? How about the reflash & cam gears? I would like to see & hear this ex system as I am debating whether or not to build a similar system. I am old & have kids with very little free time.

I know I can assemble all these components to put together a decent 3" system: 3' MR dp, car sound cat, magna flow SS silencer, magna flow muffler & the necessary SS tubing & flanges for under $550 bucks. I dont expect the install to cost more than 150 @ a muffler shop. I would be installing the dp myself.

any input would be nice, I live in santa clarita.

Do you mean the Signature exhaust or the standard exhaust? I have the Signature one. The standand isn't a "dump back" because it replaces the "dump." It is truly a turbo back and it is a pain in the ass to install and it doesn't have many of the cool features of the Sig. However, it works just as good. I absolutely love mine. I am 39 and I still roll down my back window when driving by long wall and oper her up just to listen to the note. Still a kid at heart I guess.

JanSolo
02-13-2004, 09:14 AM
Yep, got the Buschur with the standard Buschur "muffler". I think I prefer the sound of Kaisho's Buschur with the Magnaflow, but prefer the look of mine.

If you want to hear how it sounds along with my amazing glass shattering Crapotech Bitchcats, check out this movie I made (http://www.jansolo.org/videos/BobcatScreech.AVI).

leaveit2bevo
02-14-2004, 01:51 AM
fuck those bobcats are loud!!! it sounds like a glass when it vibrates

QuickShifter
02-14-2004, 02:04 AM
damn that sound is half as bad as my race clutch sounds but still thats pretty annoying for brakes

QuickShifter
02-14-2004, 02:05 AM

ya stainless is the best when you live by the beach :wink: :shock:

erioshi
02-16-2004, 06:44 AM
I have the Vishnu "standard" turbo-back and I really like it. Not the lightest system out there, but made from a good grade of stainless. Everything fit perfectly when I put it in, and the fittings hangers and such are first rate. The sound is perfect; a nice deep rich growl. It's not tinny or boomy, or overly loud. The wife and I can talk normally while cruising 75 mph on the freeway, and on track days I can talk with a front seat passenger at WOT while wearing a helmet.

The install takes some work, though. I ended up pulling out my radiator and exhaust manifold + turbo. You also need to trim one of the studs down slightly on the turbo outlet. Not a big deal, but if you're not comfortable with taking a grinder to car you may want to have a garage do the install.

One other note is that when I change turbos I'll probably need to find a work-around to having a one-piece pipe that runs from the turbo to the cat. Unless I can find a turbo kit that will bolt up to the standard O2 housing, anyway.

WOT
02-16-2004, 02:17 PM
Thanks

leaveit2bevo
02-16-2004, 04:12 PM

why does the beach matter? I hope it dosent cause I live down the street from you.

JanSolo
02-16-2004, 05:27 PM
The Crapotech Bitchcats stop you really well, but drive dogs crazy with their high pritch drone. But at least my Buschur exhaust sounds good. :)

perversity
02-16-2004, 06:25 PM
I have the AVO and it is very quiet. The RMR is also quiet, and more affordable. Hopefully have some dyno sheets for y'all in a couple of weeks.

559EVO
02-17-2004, 08:52 PM
I have the signature turboback and its alot louder than my friends regular dump back from vishnu.

QuickShifter
02-17-2004, 09:12 PM

why does the beach matter? I hope it dosent cause I live down the street from you.

Well...I guess it doesnt REALLY matter, but ive been told that it is the most resistant to rust or cracking....and the beach air makes these conditions like 3 times stronger because of the salt in the air and all that science crap, but if you ask me it doesnt matter at all...I was just trying to be right!!! 8)