PDA

View Full Version : Brake Bias

Absinthe
01-21-2004, 03:57 PM
After some track time I think our cars our biases excessively to the from and would benifit from a slight shift of brake bias toward the rear a touch... to do this in my other car we used a brae proprtioning valve do we have such an animal in our cars if so where?

Also I know its the ghetto way but can i just do it by puting pads that have a strong initial bit on only the back?

mprtklr
01-21-2004, 04:42 PM
our cars have Electronic Brake Force Dist. so the computer will adjust braking based on need. for heavy braking, since the fronts are larger, it directs more force to the front, for easier braking, it directs more braking to the back, a P.V. will ultimately negate this and probably decrease braking functionality.

Absinthe
01-21-2004, 04:49 PM
any chance then of riging around this with pads then?

mprtklr
01-21-2004, 05:45 PM
well, you could yank the ABS and speed sensors, since my understanding is that these are what control the EBD. of course if you dont mind that blinking "SERVICE ABS" light. then install your PV below the level of the calipers.

Absinthe
01-21-2004, 06:06 PM
It looks like it may just be grabbier pads and steel lines for me then. and when i use up these rotors some nice eradispeed 2 piecers.