PDA

View Full Version : Has any one h ad an evo engine apart yet?

Matt
01-22-2004, 11:00 PM
Why i am wondering is i have a slight theory about the evo 4g63 and the possibility of crank walk.

In the 2nd gen dsm's where crank walk was first aparent they switched the piston oil squirters to draw off of the main bearing journals instead of there own seperate gallery. And one of the major theories of crank walk was that because the squirteds would draw off of the main jourals and starve the bearings for oil when the squirteds became cloged and stuck open, there for always spraying the piston skirts with oil even when they shouldnt be.

Now mitsu. motor co. never admitted that this was a cause of the crank walk problems. Leaving many secound gen dsm owners buying 7K dollar engines.

Now why i was wondering if any one has had the evo engine apart was to find out where the piston oil squirters drew there oil from.

Since mitsu. motor co. never claimed oil squiters were the problem of the crank walk and since the evo's and the dsm's share the 4g63 block i was wondering if the design is different or the same and are we going to see evo's crank walk later in life?