PDA

View Full Version : DSport Magazine - Project EVO

ZENTRAEDIevo
01-23-2004, 12:03 PM
Hey guys. We (DSport mag) wanted to get some feedback on what we should do with our Project EVO. Right now here is what we are going to start with:

Giant Cat-Back Exhaust test - exhausts from Greddy, 5zigen, Works Rally, HKS, Magnaflow, Gram Lights, RNR Racing, Buschar Racing, DC Sports, APEXi, RSR and if we aquire anymore we will add them.

TEIN Flex coilovers w. EDFC

Blitz Intake Filter

We want to here what the owners want to see tested and try to do our best to meet their requests. Let us know.

you can email me at [email protected] or just post here!

Thanks!

Robbie
www.dragsport.com
www.tprmag.com

leaveit2bevo
01-23-2004, 12:06 PM
Why TEIN flex coilovers? I heard those suck and arent any better if not worse than stock.

ZENTRAEDIevo
01-23-2004, 12:17 PM
The Flex coilovers are good for the street. I would recommend them to people who dont want to have race style suspension. I personally like the RA better but the Flex have some features that are better than the RA's. All you need to do is re-valve the Flex's and you'll be set.

Coolguy949
01-23-2004, 12:19 PM
The Flex arent inverted like stock. If anything they are the same as stock because of the lowered center of gravity and the damping adjustments. I would get at least the RA.

Absinthe
01-23-2004, 12:33 PM
exhaust shoot out great idea this must happen it will help us all out with decisions also use a DB meter so we can fin out about noise.

Absinthe
01-23-2004, 12:36 PM
forget intake get ECU mod...do ECU shoot out

look at project M3 that was done by one of the other car mags for ideas its incredibly well do and they did it in stages and reported after every stage.

ZENTRAEDIevo
01-23-2004, 12:50 PM
as far as the ecu - we already began some prototype work with APEXi with the Power FC. We will be using this system for the car.

The exhaust shootout will have dyno numbers, high quality pics, and db readings.

we just aquired a RPS Clutch for our street setup and will go to their carbon carbon when we go over 350whp.

we are planning these mods after the exhaust test.. intake, downpipe, cat-delete pipe, o2 eliminator, intercooler, ic piping, injectors, fuel pump, cams. Basically max out the stock turbo then get a new manifold, turbo and external wastegate.

ReHeat
01-23-2004, 12:56 PM
Giant Cat-Back Exhaust test - exhausts from Greddy, 5zigen, Works Rally, HKS, Magnaflow, Gram Lights, RNR Racing, Buschar Racing, DC Sports, APEXi, RSR and if we aquire anymore we will add them.

Can you add Tanabe, JIC, RMR, B&B, Perrin, AMS to you exhaust test? I would definitely buy that issue of your mag when it comes out. Please keep us updated!

Coolguy949
01-23-2004, 01:02 PM
You guys should run at least 3 runs per exhaust system (hopefully you arent paying per dyno run) so that people cant blame HP differences on differences in dyno runs.

ZENTRAEDIevo
01-23-2004, 01:13 PM
we are working on getting some of those exhaust systems that we dont have like the tanabe, jic, rmr, etc. some of the companies either dont have one avaialble for us to test or cannot get it here in time.

Should be a good issue. Yea we will be running the test with three or more dyno pulls also on 100 octane to make sure engine knock doesnt affect the test.

All our testing is done at XS Engineering on there 4-wheel dyno. unlimited runs :wink:

Absinthe
01-23-2004, 01:32 PM
dont forget the baseline run

CACalomino
01-23-2004, 01:38 PM
FUCK the blitz filter get a real intake APS cold air

mprtklr
01-23-2004, 02:17 PM
there is no point to a cold air intake on a evo... its going to be heated up by the pressurization anyway and cooled down by the IC..

CACalomino
01-23-2004, 02:32 PM
well true it will be heated up but look at it this way the engin temps alway change so the intake charge is in consistant.

hot air heated up by turbo getts hotter then cooled by IC
cold air heated up by turbo getts mild hot and then cooled by IC and since is pulling form outside the Air temps are more constant and so is power.

ErroR
01-23-2004, 02:38 PM
Must be nice to have so many exhausts in your garage. Maybe I'll follow you ome one night. lol
-Dave

kaisho99
01-23-2004, 02:48 PM
well true it will be heated up but look at it this way the engin temps alway change so the intake charge is in consistant.

hot air heated up by turbo getts hotter then cooled by IC
cold air heated up by turbo getts mild hot and then cooled by IC and since is pulling form outside the Air temps are more constant and so is power.

Oh God don't start this argument again. :lol:

ZENTRAEDIevo - hope you can get an AVO exhaust too. they're one of the few that touts hp gains with dyno sheet proof. be nice to see if it holds true in another controlled environment like yours.

ZENTRAEDIevo
01-23-2004, 02:58 PM
yeah i wish they were all mine.. got to send them back :)

Muramasa
01-23-2004, 03:42 PM
I wonder if theres any way for me to learn anything. I dont know squat about cars and after the first 5 posts.. Im totally lost. ALl I know is ure going to test stuff and thats it =P.

** please dont flame me!! ** =P

Absinthe
01-23-2004, 04:39 PM
these are all different type of exhausts the the Mag wants to test.

as for the intake argument just ignore it you'll be better off