PDA

View Full Version : 1:35 at Big Willow today

racerferrari
01-23-2004, 09:38 PM
i was at Willow Springs all day today with the Vipers....took the EVO....running 1:35.42....my buddie Eric ran a 1:34.94...pretty good on street tires....i had some slicks with me but didn't mount them...i need a second set of rims...anybody got a cheap set for sale?...oh the car started to push a lot......need a sway bar

robi
01-24-2004, 12:17 AM
and lower strutbar rear strut bar and coilovers... It's neverending...

pangaroo
01-24-2004, 12:36 AM
My friend sells a set of rims that fit the evo. 18in X 8.5. They are more for show, so not very good for racing, i think about 25 lbs. I have them on my car and use them for reg. street/all season tires so I can keep the stock ones for racing. Cant beat that price on a nice looking set of rims that actually fit the evo without spacer or anything.

If you are interested he sells them for about 600. You can see pics here

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30535&perpage=15&pagenumber=5

Its the ones about middle of the page next to the white supra.

By the way, which track? Big Willow, or Streets? If you ran 1:35, what did the Vipers run?

racerferrari
01-24-2004, 12:09 PM
thanks...but i want to stay with 17's...keep the costs down..tires are a big expense when you blow thru 1 set in a day

JWest
01-24-2004, 02:22 PM
racer,

check out the classifieds forum, think there are a couple people selling Evo wheels.

a friend ran 1:33.xx in an Evo 8 with a pipe, a chip, and different dampers. Sounds like you're on your way, to cutting some great lap times w/ your Evo.

Congrats

JW

racerferrari
01-24-2004, 03:42 PM
i've been talking with Matt on email.....a few more mods then my car...but yea thats a great time...next time i'll be at 33's...car pushes to much...oh and yea everyone wants too much money for there wheels...i can buy a set on the tirerack for around $600 for the set...but i'd like to stay with stock...i only wanna pay $500 or 600...there onlly gonna be trashed really really quick