PDA

View Full Version : thunderhill Feb

racerferrari
01-24-2004, 11:04 PM
hope the EVO guys rent the AMB transponders from the Speedventures guys. Everyone is curious how fast the EVO is compared to the S2000. Drivers always talk smack about how fast they are, and what a good driver they are, but most people will not strap on an AMB timer to prove it to the computer that they are fast. Don't be a wuss, rent a transponder, and duke it out with your fellow Evo drivers for friendly smacktalking honors!

S2000 laptimes for Thunderhill are at:
http://www.nsxfiles.com/fame_thunderhill.htm
Those are laptimes for NA and Supercharged S2000's, along with the type of tire used to achieve those laptimes.

I also wonder if any of the Evo drivers going up to T-Hill can beat Wayne, or beat any of the S2000 laptimes. In fact, if someone can beat the Wayne on similar tires, or beat the S2000s on the Honda Hall of Fame, I'll post their picture on nsxfiles.com and make them famous, along with links to their aftermarket go-fast parts that they have on their car. (which might help get ya some freebies)

The question of whether the EVO VIII will ever make its mark on the race track — or hang onto the chance to do so — could depend upon the Thunderhill event. Very soon, the EVO drivers will have to come across, put up or shut up. It is the track driver's great shoot-out with himself: The Kid with promise hits the dirt, twitching in the dust while the onlookers turn their heads and talk safely of what might have been. The end. Fade-out, as the hero turns slowly, blows the smoke from his pistol, and goes on his way. Or the Kid comes in, and takes down every 2.0 liter laptime in site.

It will be interesting to see what happens at Thunderhill. I might have to make the trip up there to document this.

Wayne and I will be your guide, as you move up the Pyramid of Speed located at:
http://nsxfiles.s2ki.com/Pyramid_of_speed.htm

The Best Website in the World for Real Life Racing Stories:
www.nsxfiles.com/stories.htm,
Doug

Yeah, I ripped off some material from Greil Marcus

CACalomino
01-25-2004, 12:36 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmm I guess its safe to say he is calling us out guys.

fuck bragging rights and breaking the big track times I drive for fun and self fulfillment not to be the king of a stupid lap time and caim im big shit.

If I can get off work I will make the 6 hour treck up north to have some fun

chris

leaveit2bevo
01-25-2004, 12:37 AM
Ill destroy those weak sauce s2000 on the track. No one can drive a evo as fast as I can full of sausage.

CACalomino
01-25-2004, 12:39 AM
ya I will have to pull out all the stops and hook up my (909) meth fogger 300 shot at the track LOL

robi
01-25-2004, 12:39 AM
We'll see bevo...keep talking.... digging the hole deeper.

leaveit2bevo
01-25-2004, 12:45 AM
LOL why not dig the hole deeper?? I like talking shit it makes shit interesting so if you think you can take me on the track come to the next track day and find out.

robi
01-25-2004, 02:32 AM
I'll be there or dead... Mist you on GMR after the Meet... ask Temjin how much fun I am to keep up with ;-).

moogle
01-25-2004, 03:44 AM
bevo I don't know about ur mods or how good of a driver u r but I know for sure u can't pass robi.

robi
01-25-2004, 10:06 AM
Moogle thanks for the prop but I'd rather let my driving do the talking... I am really looking forward to T-Hill guys all trash talking aside...

GokuSSJ4
01-25-2004, 11:52 AM
lol , nice link . It shows you the amount of skills is required to drive and know what the limits of your car is ....

leaveit2bevo
01-25-2004, 12:23 PM
bevo I don't know about ur mods or how good of a driver u r but I know for sure u can't pass robi.

So wait you dont know how good of a driver I am but you assume that I cant pass robi?

drmosh
01-25-2004, 12:59 PM
No one can compete with Bevo, he's got computer implants and bionic components in his body.

Coolguy949
01-25-2004, 04:22 PM
FYI, the NorCalEvo / SoCalEvo meet at Thunderhill is a events specially made for SoCalEvo and NorCalEvo by SPeedVentures. Our member discount includes $30 off the total price, free timing/transponders, trophies, and shirts.

Contact me or Ricardon for more info.

Temjin
01-25-2004, 04:40 PM
I'll be there or dead... Mist you on GMR after the Meet... ask Temjin how much fun I am to keep up with ;-).

Hey Rob,

YOU ARE QUICK!!!! You gave me a 30 second head start, and you caught up to me in about a minute. Couldn't believe it. I just couldn't push as hard with the pepboy, made in korea tires. I'll tell you that Fishtailing is not fun on the Canyons. I had alomost spun out going downhill, when you smoked me by over a minute. Not going to do Canyons until I get new tires. That was just riduculus.

ErroR
01-25-2004, 10:46 PM
According to those pics all I need is a picnic table strapped onto the car for some insane lap times.

GokuSSJ4
01-25-2004, 10:56 PM
FYI, the NorCalEvo / SoCalEvo meet at Thunderhill is a events specially made for SoCalEvo and NorCalEvo by SPeedVentures. Our member discount includes $30 off the total price, free timing/transponders, trophies, and shirts.

Contact me or Ricardon for more info.

this event should be fun !! norcal / socal ... to see who comes up , bevo keep practicing so you can take it all :D

moogle
01-26-2004, 02:19 AM

So wait you dont know how good of a driver I am but you assume that I cant pass robi?

Like I said I don't know how good of a driver u r.
LOL I don't assume... I know. This guy is good! Period!

moogle
01-26-2004, 02:21 AM

Hey Rob,

YOU ARE QUICK!!!! You gave me a 30 second head start, and you caught up to me in about a minute. Couldn't believe it. I just couldn't push as hard with the pepboy, made in korea tires. I'll tell you that Fishtailing is not fun on the Canyons. I had alomost spun out going downhill, when you smoked me by over a minute. Not going to do Canyons until I get new tires. That was just riduculus.

Dam it rob u didn't tell me u went canyon running! *sigh* U know how I love canyon running.

leaveit2bevo
01-26-2004, 11:52 AM

Like I said I don't know how good of a driver u r.
LOL I don't assume... I know. This guy is good! Period!

LOL ok well see.

drwn kix
01-27-2004, 07:02 PM
According to those pics all I need is a picnic table strapped onto the car for some insane lap times.
That might work if you need downforce. I was there when Jerry Grant bolted an angle iron Bardahl sign to the back of his Lotus 19B Chevy and was instantly competitive with Hap Sharp, Jim Hall and the bunch. I can't remember if this was the USRRC series or early CanAm. I got to work on that car after Jerry Hansen bought it. (The wing had been upgraded and Jerry was excited to have a 505 hspr 377 cu. inch Chevy built by TRACO it had 4 58 DCOE webers.) :shock: