PDA

View Full Version : New to the board - Any of you drag race?

F1Cobra
01-28-2004, 09:59 PM
Nice organized site, you guys have a huge group of local enthusiasts from the looks of it and that is amazing. By all accounts i have heard, the Evo is a fun little car and a great blend for the street. Personally, i have never been in one but am eager to see what its about.

Do any of you drag race your Evos, i only managed to find road racing related stuff, which is understandable.

Anonymous
01-28-2004, 10:37 PM
:), drag racing sounds good you know...i try to limit myself speeding on the hwy's....but i never took my car to a drag strip...i dont think my car is fast enough to be on a drag strip, but if it was for free id try :)

F1Cobra
01-28-2004, 10:42 PM
:), drag racing sounds good you know...i try to limit myself speeding on the hwy's....but i never took my car to a drag strip...i dont think my car is fast enough to be on a drag strip, but if it was for free id try :)

Come now, who races for free :wink:

I ask because i always see a few Evos at the street races in the valley. Never seen one at the local qtr mile tracks yet however but i am familar with what some of the east coast guys run in them. I'm sure this board has a few drag racers.

Anonymous
01-28-2004, 10:47 PM
im thinking of going to a strip in fontana, i think thats where it is, 20 bucks a run is fine with me....but i dont wanna go sitting on stock...imma wait for like 3 weeks and im going to take my stock evo and ad more whp and crank hp..i hope it does much

leaveit2bevo
01-28-2004, 11:53 PM
mustangs are great drag cars especially cobras, but evos suck awd belongs on twisties not draging.

Anonymous
01-28-2004, 11:58 PM
i already know that....thats why id rather not burn out my clutch, but....but...skylines are awd and still drag race with them, i dunno, i think its drag race able

leaveit2bevo
01-29-2004, 12:00 AM
The skyline is rwd until they slip then its awd, once you get traction agian its rwd.

Anonymous
01-29-2004, 12:01 AM
hmmm, i dunno much about skylines neways, but...how can you switch, does it have a switch?

leaveit2bevo
01-29-2004, 12:08 AM
no the ecu controls it I believe, its always rwd until they slip then the car is awd.

Anonymous
01-29-2004, 12:09 AM
damn

drmosh
01-29-2004, 12:16 AM
We have been to California Speedway for the Street Legal Drags. Have you been there F1? What kinds of times have you posted?

GokuSSJ4
01-29-2004, 01:10 AM
thats the only bad issue with this type of cars , that there are not able to hold on drag racing . Unless you upgrade to clutch and also take a chance on the tranny going out .
I use to drag and use to go to pamdale ( i know the track sucks but its great to practice your reaction time and 60ft times )

F1Cobra
01-29-2004, 02:33 AM
We have been to California Speedway for the Street Legal Drags. Have you been there F1? What kinds of times have you posted?

Yes, I post respectable times :wink:

Do you ever come out thursday nights?

CarPhoto.net
01-29-2004, 07:34 PM
mustangs are great drag cars especially cobras, but evos suck awd belongs on twisties not draging.
This guy is spreadding lies about the EVO and is ignorant to the AWD drag scene.

I own both a mustang and an evo.

AWD is very famous in drag. Ask Buschar Racing.

However AWD is better for twisties. If you are a daily driver the evo will do fine in drag. People are running 11's with a small amount of money.

To simplify things AWD is better off the line and RWD is better from a roll.

leaveit2bevo
01-29-2004, 08:22 PM
Awd is not as good for draging if you look at 90% of drag cars they are either fwd and mostly RWD, just because one person drags an awd car dosent make it good, thats level one thinking. Yes obviously AWD is faster off the launch but after that rwd is better. Not to mention that the best drag cars have a solid rear axle. And if your going to argue that a evo is a better drag car then a cobra your wrong.

han74j
01-29-2004, 10:03 PM
why drag when u can track >=)

ItsStockOfficer
01-31-2004, 04:07 AM
RWD is better for a race car. For pulling in off the street and running fast and driving home, AWD owns all. I just ran 7.960@89 on 91 octane, full weight tonight! 1/8 mile track obviously

moogle
01-31-2004, 11:08 AM
I do all. I go to legal/illegal/canyon/and I do track. I am not going to be picky on just track only bcz thats all it can do... I use full advantage of what the evo can do. Have u guys drift ur evos??? ek9 can vouch for me LOL!!!

moogle
01-31-2004, 11:13 AM
f1 cobra hit me up. We have about 30 people in my area who loves ehem ehem for free. We got z06,evo's,sti's, supra TT, and m3 who goes every wed/fri/sat. There's this blue evo too who beats z06, m3, sti and hasn't been beat yet.

CIVICBOOST
02-21-2004, 05:44 PM
My little 03 Civic Si is no competition for a Cobra or a Evo, I only run a 14.8 in the quarter :lol: I'd like to turbo my car soon to give my hatch a little more straightline power though 8)

STiTHIS
02-21-2004, 07:08 PM
I will race and smoke 03' cobra